BCFPA Breakfast Series: What’s Eating Your Margins?
How to improve the biggest margin killers in your food business
Marquee Sponsor: SYSPRO | Ambassador Sponsor: Fasken | In Partnership with the BC Ministry of Agriculture
Breakfast Buffet Food and Beverage Sponsor: Two Rivers Meats
Friday, September 27, 2019 at 7:30 AM
The Grand Ballroom, Executive Suites Hotel in Burnaby (Google Maps)
You have limited control over changing consumer demands, currency fluctuations and stiffer competition - both regionally and abroad - but they all seriously impact your margins. Unfortunately, for most food processors, combating these by increasing your resale price is simply not an option your customers will accept. So what can you do to improve profitability?
Business leaders and owners often think they know how well their company is managing its margins, but they may not realize all the internal and external factors that affect their profitability. Things like compliance issues, production issues, and poor inventory management all need to be considered. Without a deeper dive, you may be overlooking some of the biggest factors eating away at your margins.
Join Steve Bassaw of SYSPRO Canada to find out the biggest margin killers for food processors and get practical tips and advice on what you can do to improve profitability. Plus, hear from local processors in a panel discussion as they share their experiences and success stories.
What you’ll learn:
- Find out the trends and challenges impacting margins that need to be on the radar screens of food producers now and in the future
- How to avoid investing time and effort into improvement activities that deliver little or no value by only treating the symptoms
- How automation, supply-chain initiatives, and cost-savings measures can help you boost profitability now and how you can get ahead of what’s to come
- How you can apply the principles of Lean and Six Sigma to improve operational efficiency
7:30 - 8:00 AM Registration and Breakfast Buffet, featuring Two Rivers Meats
8:00 - 8:15 AM Welcome and Introductions with James Donaldson, CEO and Executive Director, BCFPA
8:15 - 9:15 AM Steve Bassaw of Syspro: What is Eating Your Margins?
9:15 - 9:30 AM Break
9:30 - 10:20 AM Panel Discussion: Stories of food processors saving money by identifying their biggest margin killers, moderated by Steve Bassaw.
- Jeff Zonneveld, ICD.D (Vice Chair)
- Jim Pratt, CEO of Rhema Health Products
- Wendy Bigelow, Controller at Chewters Chocolates
- Dickens Cheung, Chief Business Development Officer at Origana
10:20 - 10:30 AM Association News and upcoming events
10:30 AM Networking and exhibition
11:00 AM Adjourned
MEET THE EXHIBITORS
For inquiries, please email Sandra Lee at Sandra@bcfpa.ca