Cannabis 201: Cannabis Edibles and Beverage Manufacturing: Food Safety, and Quality Control
When: Thursday, May 31st 2018 from 1pm-4pm
Location: MNP Office Towers at 1021 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, 21st Floor
Sponsored by: MNP
As a follow up to Cannabis 101, Join us for the second of three Cannabis Forums, this time focussing on the edibles and beverage market from the food safety, quality control and regulatory side of the business.
In partnership with the BCFPA, this event features speakers from SGS Canada Inc, a leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company, and Zenabis , a registered Licenced Producer of cannabis with strengths in the start-up sector, pharmaceutical industry, distribution, and horticulture.
Topics covered in this event:
- Industry needs – how to fast track cannabis product safety & quality system regulations
- Use available “toolkits” to develop consistent, effective procedures & training
- Management direction & commitment – financial & time
- Auditing, Certification & Training requirements in the global and local markets
- Testing Requirements
- Compliance and Regulatory requirements.
- Focus on risks & optimize resources – gap assessment
- Training auditors on changes, system status & response