Cannabis 401: Working with a Licensed Producer
Thursday, September 6th, 2018 from 1:00pm-4:00pm
MNP Downtown Offices, 1021 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
Sponsored by MNP LLP
Before you start your cannabis food and beverage company, you have to partner with a licensed producer. Join us on Sept 6th for Cannabis 401: Working with an LP, as suggested by Peter Guo of MNP (from Cannabis 301), where we will outline your ideal working relationship with an LP, how to legitimize your cannabis business, requirements for R&D, and more!
Business Model Segment:
- Structing your company
- How do you go into a joint venture with an LP.
- M and A, and Strategic partnerships
- Realities of Edible today – what does production look like for an LP, what does it look like in the grey market, what would it look like for a food processor
- Aleem Bandali – MNP Corporate finance partner.
- Licenced Producer- What they look for in a processor partner
- Edibles Manufacturers: Brandon Wright, Baked Edibles, Krista Marie, Sweet Jane Manufacturing
- Legal Advisor: What you need to know abou a joint venture partnership with an LP
Topics to discuss:
- What makes a good partner processors for an LP?
- What are the rules around creating a cannabis food /beverage manufacturing facility?
- M & A perspective – what are some of the deals, structures and pricing considerations?
- How do you come from the black/grey market to the white market?
- What you see coming up for roadblocks?
- How to guide processors to start developing their products?