Thursday, October 24, from 1:00-3:00 PM
MNP Tower 1021 West Hastings, 22nd floor, Vancouver (Google Maps)
On October 17th, Health Canada will release the final regulations on Cannabis Edibles. Now is the time to set your plans for this market in motion. We have assembled experts from the cannabis sector to prepare you for going-to-market.
At the event you will learn about:
- Why is the food industry well-suited for this market if they do it right?
- Challenges to consider and expect in this market?
- What are the final regulations, how do they impact your plans towards this market?
- What compliance and regulatory practices need to be in place?
- What partnerships and acquisitions should be considered to flesh out your supply chain and complete your product mix?
- What can you expect from the retail customers in this space and what do they expect from you? What are the differences in the retail experience and the customer experience in this market? What information must you supply to the retailer and for their end customer?
Meet Our Speakers:
Sophie Mas – Somas Consulting
Sophie is the CEO and founder of Somas Consulting Inc., a consulting company that provides advice and guidance to companies on regulatory, compliance and commercial matters related to cannabis.
Alon Segev – Managing Partner – Segev LLP
Alon Segev is the Managing Partner for Segev LLP. With strong practise areas in hospitality, food production and service, combined with a broad cannabis practice, Alon and Segev LLP are well prepared to engage with members of BC Food & Beverage on entry to the cannabis edibles market.
Maria Gonzalez – MNP
Maria Gonzalez leads MNP’s Food and Beverage Manufacturing and Cannabis consulting practices in BC and is based in Vancouver. Drawing on more than eight years of consulting experience, Maria assists food, beverage and cannabis clients in the areas of market development, strategy, and business and financial planning.
Gary Cohen – Cova Software
Gary Cohen is the CEO of Cova Software, the fastest growing technology brand in the cannabis industry. Cohen’s focus has been driving the company’s overall strategy, including its go-to-market plans, vision, and strategic development.
For inquiries, please email Sandra Lee at Sandra@bcfb.ca.