Food Safety / Fraser Valley Peer Group
Thursday, October 19 10am- NOON
Mark Crest Foods - 19670 92A Avenue, Langley
Food Safety: FDA and FSMA Compliance for Exporting to the USA
This face-to-face information session will introduce food manufacturers to FDA requirements for exporting products to the USA. Attendees will leave with answers about Food Safety Plans and export strategies that comply with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
During this session you will learn about:
- The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Preventive Controls now needed in your food safety plan
- PCQI Training Requirements
- Timelines for Compliance
- The Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP)
- Changes to the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) entry system
- Appointing an FSVP Importer
This session will be delivered by Phil Watney, P.Ag., a local food safety trainer, consultant and BCFPA member. Phil has over 20 year’s experience in the food industry, including teaching HACCP, GFSI and FDA requirements across Canada, the USA and Internationally.