Food for Thought: Information-Age Manufacturing
Labour disruption, global opportunity and digitization for food processors in a rapidly transforming world.
When: Thursday, October 4th, 2018 12:30-4:55pm
Location: Executive Suites Hotel at 4201 Lougheed Hwy, Burnaby
It is an exciting time for Canadian small and medium sized food & beverage businesses. Globalization, enhanced mobility, innovative technologies, and new business models are providing more opportunities than ever before for companies to grow and thrive regardless of their size, location or industry.
Join BDO Canada and Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) as they host an afternoon session discussing the industry’s hottest issues and connect with the ecosystem to find people, tools, resources, and technologies that will accelerate the growth of your company.
What to Expect:
- Labour Disruption: Labour challenges are no secret. Is your company prepared to address the future labour shortage gap? What can you do to optimize your current people and process to boost productivity and how does technology fit.
- Evaluating your Digital Readiness: What can you do today to prepare your business for the digital age of food processing and how will technology change the way you do things?
- Tax Consideration & Traps When Going Global: What are the most common cross border scenarios? How to know when and where the tax line has been crossed.
- Doing Business in China: From finding any partner to the right partner, how to negotiate contracts and how to identify the right fit.
- Manage and Avoid Common Risks to your Business: With opportunity comes risk and understanding the most prevalent risks can help you develop a reliable risk management strategy.
- Member Highlight Success Stories: Enjoy a roundtable discussion from companies that have embraced digital solutions.
Space is limited, RSVP today to reserve your spot.
Schedule: Registration and Networking: 12:30 – 1:00 pm
Programme: 1:00 – 4:15 pm
Networking/ Mingler with free cocktail & appetizers: 4:15 – 4:55 pm
For inquiries, please contact Sandra@bcfpa.ca or call us at 604-371-4245.