Vancouver Island Peer Group
September 28th, 2017 2pm - 4pm
Venue: Camosun Interurban Campus, 461 Interurban Road, Victoria
Tour: 2pm - 2:30pm Camosun Innovates
Matchmaking for Food Processors
What are you looking for? Good employees? How to meet Food Safety requirements? How to improve productivity? Assistance with product development/production?
- Culinary Arts - Camosun offers one of the best training programs in Canada. Students gain valuable hands-on experience in professional production kitchens.
- Camosun Innovates – the focal point of applied research and innovation, Camosun Innovates helps industry find solutions to problems and challenges related to product design, development and production.
- Contract Training and Special Projects – working government, industry and non-profits to develop and deliver labour-market training programs this unit also manages the FOODSAFE Secretariat for the Province of BC.
- Students – potential job seekers.
- ProcessSafe – the FOODSAFE Secretariat is working with the Ministry of Health on a new training program designed for entry-level workers, particularly in small food processing companies.
All are possible matches for “desperate” food processors and are offered by Camosun College . And if these matches aren’t quite right, Camosun representatives want to hear from you to learn exactly what your needs are.
As an island food industry representative please join us to on September 28th!