Raising Capital: Non-Bank Financing For your Business
Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019 from 10-12pm
Location: MNP Office Towers at 1021 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, 21st Floor
Are you early stage or need to raise equity to secure a loan? Do you have an entrepreneurial idea or new business line that doesn’t attract traditional bank financing? Nancy Goertzen, Principle of Nantucket Capital, will show you the creative ways to offset raising capital for your food, beverage or NHP business.
10:00 AM Welcome & Introductions
10:10 AM Nancy Goertzen's Presentation: Raising Capital
- Financing from family and friends, angels, private sources, family offices, alternative debt, and equity sources and Venture Capitalists
- Fine-tuning your target list
- What your investors want: Scalability, Proven ability to execute, High Returns, Pre-Sales
- The Pitch Deck and How to handle pro formas
- Strategic partners as investors
- Valuing your company for your investor
- Knowing valuation multiples for your industry/product
- The Ask
- Equity or Debt or combination
- Investor-driven terms
- Structuring the deal and tax advice
- Should you have an Advisory Board or Expert Advisor?
- The true costs of raising capital
- Cost of capital
- Dilution of equity ownership
- Exploring Other alternatives:
- Co-branding, White-labeling, Strategic Partners, Bartering
- Timeshare or after-hours manufacturing/bottling/packaging shifts
- If time allows: Financing from public markets: Pros and Cons of Going Public
11:10 AM Q&A
11:30 AM Next topics, Peer to Peer Discussion
11:55 AM Association News and Upcoming Events
About the Speaker
A dynamic and talented professional with a unique ability to create corporate development strategies and develop key relationships, Nancy Goertzen brings vast experience in corporate development, investor relations, and entertainment.
Nancy has exceptional skill in sourcing new contacts, approaching industry leaders, and meeting top-tier targets. Her expert knowledge in both private and public markets, as well as the integrated components of professional IR, has made her highly sought-after in the work of corporate finance and strategy.