When: Thursday, February 13th, 2020 from 8:00-11:00AM
Where: Executive Suites Hotel at 4201 Lougheed Highway, Burnaby
Seats: 100 | SIGN UP FOR THE LIVE STREAM
Licencing, Traceability Plan and Preventative Controls must be in place for ALL manufacturers. Your Retailers, Brokers, Distributors and CFIA will require you to be SFCR compliant by July 15th, if you aren’t already.
Canada upholds its reputation for producing the highest quality of consumable products in the world partly because our standards for safety are high. At this Breakfast Series, CFIA will provide an in-depth overview of what is required to be SFCR (Safe Food for Canadians Regulations) compliant. You will also hear from food safety expert, Walter Dullemond of FTC International Consulting Ltd, who will show us how to turn your provincial food safety plan to a federal food safety plan, and how to create a traceability plan on a budget.
7:30 Registration & Breakfast Buffet, featuring TMRW Foods TMRW'S MINCE.
8:00 Welcome & Introductions, Tanya Tait, Member Services Manager
8:15 CFIA Presents: SFCR Major Requirements & Available Resources
9:00 Part 1: How to Turn your Provincial food safety plan to a Federal Food Safety Plan, with Walter Dullemond of FTC International Consulting Ltd,
- Who the SFCR applies to – interprovincially traded goods, importers, exporters and slaughter facilities
- SFCR Changes to inspection – removal of separate meat / poultry / fish / processed products / maple / honey
- How SFCR Regulations differ from provincial inspection
- Requirement for PCP plan (HACCP)
- How to:
- Assemble team, Identify Hazards, Determine procedures for controlling hazards, Establish CCPs, Set & Measure critical limits, Document, Establish written Deviation procedures, and Establish written Verification procedures
- Implement the plan
- Document the plan & CCP measurements
- Keep records
9:40 Coffee break – Check out our exhibitors!
9:55 PART 2: Traceability on a Budget, with Walter Dullemond
10:25 Association News & Upcoming events with Tanya Tait
10:30 Open Networking
For more information about
For inquiries regarding exhibiting, sponsorship, and everything else, please contact Sandra Lee at Sandra@bcfb.ca or 604-371-4245.