Thriving in the Cannabis Edibles Space – Your Licensing Strategy
Facilitated by Cannabis Compliance Inc and Hosted by MNP
When: Thursday, March 21st, 2019 from 1pm-4pm
Location: MNP Office Towers at 1021 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, 21st Floor
Do you want to enter the edibles market? If so, depending on your approach to enter the market, you may need to apply for a license(s) from Health Canada to operate. Do you know which license is right for you? The BCFPA, in collaboration with Cannabis Compliance Inc (CCI) and MNP LLP, will be hosting a session for food and beverage processors on licensing.
The session will provide you with an overview of the key licenses required to enter the edibles market, the approval pathway of licenses applications, along with examples of how other food and beverage companies are approaching their entry to market and licensing.
- Introduction to CCI and its global footprint
- Update on government regulations related to edibles
- Overview of licensing
- Overview of types of licenses available through Health Canada
- A detailed review of licenses related to edibles (e.g., standard processing, micro-processing licenses, R&D development license) including:
- Differences between these key licenses and their requirements
- License approval pathway
- Estimated timelines for approval
- Estimated costs for obtaining a license.
- Key factors that enable existing food processors to thrive in the new space
- How to approach your entry to the market
- Creating relationships with existing producers or going it alone?
- Examples of how food and beverage companies across Canada are approaching their entry to the market.
- What to know and need to do before you apply for a license.
- Q&A and discussion
About the Speaker:
Michael Elkin, B.A., Director of Strategic Sales – Cannabis Compliance Inc.
Michael has had a successful career in security systems design and consulting in the MMPR/ACMPR market. He is now acting Director of Strategic Sales for one of Canada’s most reputable consulting firms Cannabis Compliance Inc. He oversees the strategic sales aspects of all CCI cannabis projects and clients.
Since the cannabis regulations were published in 2013, he has worked with over 50 applicant producers and licensed producers, providing full security designs and technical proposals. He has helped design massive systems such as Tweed,7 Acres, Delshen Therapeutics, and THC Inc., as well as providing security designs for dispensaries across North America. Prior to joining CCI full time, Michael ran the medical marijuana divisions for two of the largest security firms in Canada. Michael is based out of Montreal, Quebec and is bilingual in French and English.