Understanding the SFCR: Guide to Conducting Effective HACCP Refreshers
Thursday, October 17, 2019, from 9:30-12:00 PM
BCIT Centre for Applied Research & Innovation (CARI) Theatre, Room 2009
Supervisors and managers! Join us at our next Food Safety Peer Group Meeting with Rob Marshall of Safe Food Compliance Canada for an interactive program that you can use and re-use to train/refresh your team on HACCP. Avoid a difficult audit by updating your plan before it will be forced to change. Improve the efficiency of your team and ensure that everyone is up to date on the latest and most relevant food safety guidelines.
At this workshop, we will:
- Review the basic food safety principles in the context of the new Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR).
- Learn best practices for how to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Do a practical deep dive into the differences between the new and past regulatory programs (FSEP and QMP).
- Review HACCP (Hazard analysis, CCPs, establish critical limits and a system to monitor and control CCP, corrective actions, verification procedures to confirm an effective HACCP system, and more).
- Review the operator responsibilities for Preventative Control Plans (Sections 47-81 of the SFCR)
- Compare FSEP and QMP (recommended models by CFIA)
- Connect the dots:
- What divisions of SFCR link to your FSEP/QMP and where?
- Where might there be gaps in your plan?
- What tools are available to ensure compliance?
- Structuring an effective plan under SFCR
- Questions and Discussions – What’s keeping you up at night? Share your experiences with the group!
- Provide reference materials
This session is for:
- Food Safety supervisors, managers, and team leads
- Facilities that have or seek federal licensing
9:00 am Doors open, refreshments are provided!
9:30 am Welcome and introductions
9:45 am Rob Marshall’s presentation
11:00 am Questions and Discussions
11:25 am Association News
11:30 am Adjourned