DEPARTMENT: Maintenance Department
POSITION: 5th Class Power Engineer
POSITION TERMS: Start: As Soon As Possible; full time permanent, rate of pay as per collective agreement:
Wage Rate: $34.00/hr
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for daily setup of production equipment, keep tools and shop organized.
- Monitor, inspect, calibrate and operate production equipment, specifically all HVAC and Boiler Equipment and related machinery.
- Monitor, inspect and operate boilers. (Power Engineer 5th Class)
- Knowledge of PLC controls.
- Undertake scheduled and emergency repairs and maintenance of production equipment and facility.
- Communicate with supervisor any repairs and maintenance that require outside contractors.
- Communicate with contractors to initiate equipment and facility repairs.
- Ensure that production employees have the tools and equipment available to them when needed.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practice and Implement Food Safety thinking within the maintenance department.
- Conduct, calibrate and record daily equipment setup and safety inspections.
- Ensure relevant management and administration staff are kept informed of all matters related to operation, including production, quality and equipment condition and requirements.
- Effectively contribute to continuous improvements in equipment and work processes, methods, products and safety.
- Works collaboratively with management to achieve operational goals.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to coordinate work and sharing of resources.
- Able to troubleshoot breakdowns and repair equipment to minimize production downtime.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Organizational skills, ability to make decisions, good judgement, reliable, hard-working, team player, good communication skills, flexible, analytical, problem solver, ability to detect technical malfunctions and repair the same; trustworthy; results-oriented; transparent
QUALIFICATIONS: • 5th Class Power Engineer certified
• 2-3 years of work experience in maintenance functions preferably in a food manufacturing environment