Who We Are: Pacific Coast Fruit Products – a strong, stable and growing organization that has been in business for over 30 years. Our organizations head office is in Abbotsford, BC with a team of just over 100 employees. We are a fast-paced manufacturing and sales environment where we procure fruit from sources across the globe and then convert into juices, concentrates, purees and blends for further resale to our customers around the world.
The Opportunity: We are looking to add a dynamic and experienced Business Development Account Manager to our Sales team. The primary objective of this position is to grow the business by developing strong client relationships and optimizing growth through new business development.
The successful candid will be an engaging sales professional with strong interpersonal skills, hunter instincts and someone that enjoys building new B2B market segments.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Proactive and self-motivated to achieve results.
• Proven experience researching market trends, targeting relationships and using proven methods to develop business strategy.
• A natural curiosity to understand customers needs and good analytical ability to use data in uncovering opportunities.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• High degree of organization, planning, and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong negotiating skills with ability to close deals.
• Solution based selling experience and experience selling ingredients in a B2B environment.
• Well organized with good time-management skills and good judgment.
• Strong communicator: both verbal and written
• Must have strong account follow-up discipline.
• Must exercise good judgment in business situations and willing to advocate the company position to key customers as well as the advocate the customer position to the company.
• Candidate should be functional and comfortable when working within all levels of the customer organization and display excellent interpersonal skills in all interactions.
• A willingness to be accountable for your own business in an entrepreneurial organization.
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
• Professional appearance and mannerism
• Minimum 5 years of experience in proactive customer business development within the Ingredients segment (experience desired but not essential)
• Post-secondary degree in Business, Economics, or Food Science valued (desired but not essential)
• Strong ability with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Demonstrate leadership and respect for Pacific Coast Fruit Products Business Philosophy and Core Values.
• Identify, develop and expand new and existing business opportunities.
• Overall responsibility for revenue, expenses and gross margins for all accounts in a designated business region\segment.
• Maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects within designated region\segment.
• Develop and execute ongoing strategies and tactics to drive new business growth, based on corporate strategies.
• Act as a catalyst for developing accounts, people, broker sales forces and teamwork
• Travel both domestically and internationally
• Option: Home based position requires at least 1 week of travel to head office in Abbotsford every 8 weeks (or as needed)