Job type: Full time, employee
Salary: $35,000 - $50,000 a year, plus benefits
About Commissary Connect
Commissary Connect is all about helping local food thrive. We own and operate three shared, commercial kitchen facilities, a food cart and a pop-up retail/café space in Vancouver designed to serve diverse, small scale food businesses. We offer customized access to facilities, core equipment and hands on training and expertise. Our members become part of a connected, entrepreneurial community. We continually innovate to leverage our technology platform to create efficiencies across all business areas. Role We are looking for an energetic, self-starter to join our growing business as our Commissary Operations Manager. Are you excited about supporting local food businesses to grow and thrive? This unique role is part relationship/community building and part facilities management with operational oversight of a small team. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who is detail-oriented and has a strong focus on customer service. Reporting to the CEO, the Commissary Operations Manager is the main point of contact for our member food business entrepreneurs while ensuring the kitchen environments are welcoming, operational, clean, safe and profitable.
- Reporting to the CEO, responsible for managing day to day operations of our three commercial kitchens and working with the team to increase revenues and reduce costs wherever possible.
- Brand and community ambassador for Commissary Connect.
- Primary contact for kitchen members at all three locations. Interaction with kitchen members regularly to share ideas, address concerns, resolve conflict and ensure members' needs are being met. Connecting members with appropriate resources.
- Lead role in member engagement and pursuing new members with a view to ensuring kitchens are at capacity at all times.
- Coordination and promotion of events and member engagement activities including pop-up and food cart bookings, and seasonal gift boxes. Includes meeting engagement and sales goals.
- Lead the team to meet or exceed identified performance measures ie. member satisfaction, revenue generation, and profitability per site.
- Manage communication of the status of kitchen, repairs, and other issues to suppliers, management, members, and other interested parties. • Training members on new tech developments and raising issues to the Tech development team when needed. • With the support of Administrative Associate, oversee the coordination of and leading tours, effective follow-up with potential members; orientation and on-boarding. Ensuring all applications are handled efficiently and professionally.
- Manage orientation of new kitchen members and training of equipment and technology use. • Oversee kitchen maintenance and repair in all facilities, includes: o Managing Site Supervisor/Facilities Maintenance contractor with responsibilities for:
- Twice a week (minimum) inspection of each of Vancouver facilities
- Responding to and following up on member and/or management concerns.
- Coordination of 3rd party vendors (i.e., janitorial, janitorial supplies, linen supplier, hood cleaning, pest control, plumbing, and in-house resources) ensuring minimal impact to Commissary Connect members.
- Completion of minor repairs and maintenance needs.
- Oversee janitorial service for facilities:
- Supervising and inspecting work of janitorial team (either in-house or 3rd party vendor) and identifying deficiencies.
- Ensuring the kitchen meets standard regardless of janitorial company or staff issues.
- Maintaining/updating lists of janitorial task requirements specific to each site.
- Coordinate and direct team members, suppliers and vendors to meet kitchen requirements including following up on orders, and consumable levels.
- Development and implementation of a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance consultants and members to ensure QA standards.
- Transportation of Commissary Connect Food cart as needed to support member rentals.
- Assist with Social media and content creation.
- Input to policy creation, technology development and management of kitchens.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years related management/supervision and/or operational experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) • Able to work in a fast-paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time • Self-motivated • Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) • Preferred minimum of 2 years experience in food processing, restaurant or commercial kitchen Requirements • Job requires overseeing three kitchen sites in Vancouver. Candidate must be able to travel easily between sites in Vancouver, splitting time between sites as required and agreed upon with the manager.
- Vancouver, BC
- Driver's Licence (Required)
- Food Safety (Preferred)
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with email (NO cover letter) of 150 words max telling us why supporting local food businesses to grow and thrive is important to you. Apply by October 20, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest and may only respond to those selected for interview.