Container Logistics Coordinator
Pacific Coast Fruit Products Ltd is a progressive, globally recognized fruit processing company located in Abbotsford, BC. We are a growing organization due, in part, because of our high standards for product quality and safety, customer service and organizational integrity. Our business is build on relationships and we have a remarkable industry reputation!
To support our growth, we’re hiring a new team member to join our Logistics Department. The Container Logistics Coordinator is an essential contributor to our success in delivering outstanding customer service.
- Full Cycle Importing & Exporting of Containers (raw materials) - responsible for planning and organizing all activities related to container movement including delivery and storage of container goods, confirmation of a new container shipment, coordinating with sales and purchasing as well as suppliers and customers.
- Customer Communication - Closely monitors containers from time of shipment to delivery, ensuring that customers are updated with the status of their order and all related documentation to facilitate the transaction on a timely basis.
- Problem-solving - addressing container specific issues while working under pressure of customer/production schedules and deadlines or delays and ensuring the highest level of customer service.
- Building Relationships - Confers with steam ship line personnel and customs brokers to discuss and resolve problems involving FDA/Customs holds, delayed shipments and deliveries.
- Pricing & Negotiation - Researches and negotiates new drayage and ocean freight companies ensuring competitive pricing on both current and future container movements.
- The Paperwork - Prepares and manages all customs documentation. Maintains records for open container shipments, claims management and discrepancy reconciliation of inventories. Works with accounts receivable and payables to process sales orders, purchase orders, freight, customs and shipping invoices. Prepares cost and revenues or accrues costs for month end reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO US!
- Experience in a similar logistics role or related position.
- Direct industry knowledge an asset – such as, familiarization of current industry standards and market trends, including ocean freight pricing, drayage and fuel costs.
- Experience and knowledge of with cross border shipments, incoterms, understanding customs and government policies and requirements.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite, strong financial acumen
- Effective interpersonal skills in order to interact with other departments, vendors, and customers.
- Relevant educational background focused on logistics or supply chain and asset
- Highly detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- The ability to set own priorities and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We look for driven, dedicated and hard-working team members who are invested in learning and getting the job done. You bring us excellent references and a demonstrated thirst for leaning – we’ll show you the ropes. We’re not looking for an expert – we’re looking for the right individual who wants a career and we are more than willing to help get you there!
WHAT WE OFFER!
Work with awesome people in a progressive organization. We take work seriously and give it our all, while recognizing that you have a life outside of the office! Salary competitive and based on experience. We also have a benefit plan that includes health, dental, MSP coverage and an RSP matching plan. To apply for the position please email your resume to email@example.com.