Customer Care Representative (Import/Export)
The primary role of the Customer Care Representative (Import/Export) is to effectively execute all customer orders as well as coordinating all internal activities related to domestic and export orders in a manner that enhances the overall customer service experience. The Customer Care Representative is a member of the Customer Care team and provides support to other roles within the department as required
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- External Customer Sales & Service
- Internal Customer Services Coordination
- Logistics: International Export
To be considered for this position you must meet the following requirements.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Ability):
- Knowledge of international shipping logistics, regulations and documentation.
- Problem solver with solid analytical skills and the ability to trouble shoot as the need arises.
- Participates in continuous learning and professional development activities such as attending conferences and workshops.
- Negotiation skills with emphasis on win-win solutions.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal skills to clearly communicate with all levels of the organization and external partners/customers.
- Develop strong customer and internal relationships by applying interpersonal and people management skills including sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Deal with changes, delays, or unexpected events in a professional and timely manner.
- Proficient in the Navision/Life Sciences to enable reporting.
- Ability to work with an international customer base with high cultural diversity
- 3+ years of progressive work experience in a customer service and/or related supply chain function and relevant certificate/diploma in related field. Technical background in food manufacturing or Bachelor of Science or International Business Degree would be an asset
- Customer service driven. Enrolment in professional designation such as Customer Service Management a plus.
- Working knowledge of other languages a plus. I.E. Spanish, French.
- Experience in negotiating service agreements; import/export.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook, and spreadsheet/database MS Excel. Experience with Navision a plus. Proficient data entry skills.
- Direct working knowledge of customer service operations, warehouse management, inventory control, and supply chain management.
- Capability to work with internal departments, external partners, and diverse personalities in a manner that promotes positive relationships.
- Superior time management skills, detail orientation, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.