“It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together!” – Unknown
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
- Rock at providing amazing customer service
- Love to help people find solutions to their challenges
- Thrive on being busy and managing many tasks/details effectively
- Are an organizational guru
- Love to set and achieve goals
- Are passionate about health and wellness
- Are deadline driven and thrive under pressure
- Love dogs and cats
- Get deep satisfaction from working in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Live a healthy, active lifestyle
- Are committed to being productive and making a huge contribution
- Work well under pressure
- Come from a place of saying “yes” (it’s your default approach)
- Take initiative
- Are respectful, consideration and courteous even when under pressure
- Have fun
- Push your limits
- Live in the present and within each moment
- Are passionate about what you do
- Are hungry to learn and grow
- Don’t take life and yourself too seriously (love to laugh)
If you’re yelling at your screen, “That’s ME!” — keep reading...
Who we are:
At Red Dog Blue Kat, we are on a mission to help pets live longer and healthier lives. We are a small group of like-minded individuals with huge dreams! We have a big, audacious goal of setting new standards of honesty and transparency for the pet food industry.
We share a passion for our families, our pets and our values. This has created the foundation for our company values of Balance, Care and Integrity. These values guide our intentions and influence every action, both in our personal and professional lives. They are a part of who we are today and who we aspire to be as we grow and evolve.
We work hard every day to establish a positive company culture in an inclusive team environment. Our business isn’t just about selling food – it’s also about practicing what we teach, including eating healthier, balancing work and life, and empowering each person to grow and thrive in their role within our team!
Your Role in the Team
We are looking for an experienced, full-time customer service specialist, problem solver, solution seeker, part geek and part math whiz who is organized to the max, to join our sales team.
The goal is for you to enhance the experience our customers will have when you are working with Red Dog Blue Kat. You will do this by providing our customers with great support in their order process, product recommendations and whatever else they need to build a successful partnership with our company.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Order Management
- Receiving, reviewing, entering and invoicing customer orders
- Working with the shipping team to ensure great customer order experiences
- Providing awesome customer service to our current customers
- Supporting the sales team with new customers to ensure that their first experiences with RDBK are awesome
- Participating in tradeshows and demos
- Providing sales support and product recommendations for current customers
- Managing promotions, demos and other customer initiatives
- Grade 12 or equivalent education
- A love of science and an interest in animal nutrition
- Must love speaking with customers and helping them solve problems
- Must be an exceptional written & verbal communicator
- Fluency in English (French would be an asset, but is not a requirement)
- Technologically savvy
- Excellent typing skills (there will be a test)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Software (preferred, but willing to train if necessary)
- Basic math skills
- First Aid would be an asset, but is not a requirement
Soft Skills Needed:
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Social perceptiveness
- Active listening
- Sound judgment and decision
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Open office environment
- Electronic device oriented
- Long periods of sitting at a computer desk
- Fast-paced and time sensitive
This position reports directly to the Sales Manager.
Please respond to this job ad directly and send us the following:
- Your Resume
- A cover letter that addresses the following 3 items:
- How does your skills/experience align with this position?
- Describe what motivates you
- Tell us about your top two passions!