Fine Choice Foods Ltd. specializes in the manufacturing of Asian-themed foods such as: spring rolls; samosas, dumplings and sauces. For over 33 years, we have been supplying food service providers and retailers across Canada and regionally in the US. For more information, please visit our website at: www.finechoicefoods.com
Position: Facilities Technician
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Facilities Technician is responsible for the routine and preventative maintenance of building systems. The successful candidate will show leadership and initiative; understand and adhere to all plant Food and Safety Policies. You must be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision, able to multitask, work within timelines, and operate under stressful conditions.
- Work with the Maintenance Team to ensure all building and production systems remain operational
- Troubleshooting/repairs/installations of various building systems including but not limited to:
- HVAC, boilers, refrigeration, air compressors, exhaust fans, motors, pumps, piping systems, waste water systems, fire & life safety systems, etc
- Actively participate in our monthly preventative maintenance programs and records
- Recommend and implement corrective action and required repairs
- Use of computerized maintenance management system
- Assist in planning, organizing of work activities (drawing interpretation, parts preparation)
- Coordinate and supervise contractors
- Flexibility in shifts – evenings, weekends, overtime and on-call as required
- Additional duties as specified by the Maintenance Manager
Skills and specifications:
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar position is required
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment is preferred
- Good computer skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines
- Highly motivated – able to work well with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and passionate individual, who has a high sense of urgency, thrives with a wide variety of work and can deliver consistent results on multiple priorities.
- Automation & DDC experience is an asset
- AutoCAD experience is an asset
- Boiler, refrigeration and HVAC experience is an asset
- Trade Certification (i.e. 4th Class Power Engineer) is an asset
- Proficient in Mandarin and/or Cantonese is an asset
Location: East Richmond (No 9 Road and Westminster Hwy)
Hours of Work: flexible schedule however must be available to work Saturdays and Sundays
Fine Choice Foods offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits program (health & dental, MSP, matching RRSP and performance bonus). Interested applicants must apply directly via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their application, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted by email. No phone calls please.
Fine Choice Foods is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.