Food Production Assistant
The Preservatory is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and focused Production Assistant to join our team at our food production facility South Surrey. This is an entry-level position great for someone ready to roll up their sleeves and learn on the job. The role entails fruit prep, assisting with packaging and labelling, as well as cleaning, and assisting with shipping and fulfillment. This is a long-term role with growth opportunities is an excellent opportunity to work with a great crew of people committed to making an exceptional local product.
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs
- Knife skills and experience working in food production is an asset
- Food Safe Certified
- Knack for anticipating needs and prioritizing tasks
- A can-do attitude and ability to conquering tasks and strive for perfection
- Flexible schedule and willing to accommodate changing tasks
- Committed, hard-working, detail-oriented team player
The ideal candidate must be - eager to be a long-term part of a growing local business; energetic, self-motivated, and a quick learner; detail orientated; able to consistently maintain high quality standards; and lastly, comfortable working effectively under pressure in a fast-paced (hot) environment. This can be a physically demanding position and repeated lifting of bins of 30-50lbs is required. Time on your feet may range from 3-8 hours per shift.
Note: This is a part-time listing which may evolve into full-time.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]