GENERAL PLANT ASSOCIATE – FULL TIME
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
This position is responsible for ensuring that all designated areas of the Production Plant, Warehouse, offices and building are kept hygienically clean, tidy and organized.
- Responsible for cleaning offices, warehouse
s, production plant and related tools, carts, buckets and baskets, as well as the washing and cleaning of designated areas of the facility (interior and exterior)
- Perform general clean up of all areas of the building as directed
- Complies and adheres to SOPs, OHS, housekeeping, HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices
- Reports any machinery problems, abnormalities and OHS issues to Supervisor and/or respective personnel
- Carries out special assignments assigned by the Supervisor or designate
- Permanent full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Regular shift work from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
- 100% of the time working in the production plant
- Frequent handling of caustic and acidic cleaning chemicals
- Exposure to noises and humid / warm environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
- High school graduate or equivalent qualification
- Some experience working in a food manufacturing plant is an asset
- Able and willing to work graveyard shift if necessary (9:30pm – 6:00am)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic English language skills
- Good teamwork and team player
WHAT WE OFFER
- Training and development
- Opportunities for growth
- Annual incentive plan
- Medical/dental benefits upon completion of probation
- Premium rates for afternoon and graveyard shifts
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.