Foley’s Candies Limited Partnership has been manufacturing fine quality chocolate for over 40 years. Located in Richmond, BC, we are the largest chocolate manufacturer in Western Canada and one of the largest in all of Canada; producing a wide range of industrial chocolate ingredients, panned chocolate products, and private label goods.
We source our raw chocolate ingredients from environmentally responsible suppliers that support the World Cocoa Foundation and Rainforest Alliance. Foley’s is Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program Level 3-certified, with an in-house lab staffed by highly experienced food technologists. All of our products are Kosher-certified; some are designated Pareve dairy-free; some verified GMO-free.
Foley’s is GROWING and presently welcoming applications and interest in a wide variety of permanent/regular full time and seasonal full time positions.
GENERAL PRODUCTION WORKER
Under direct supervision, the (GPW) General Production Worker's primary role is to provide assistance to all areas of the Facility, ensuring that quality production is achieved on time and on schedule, in accordance with workplace health & safety and food quality standards.
This includes but is not limited to providing general labour, service and support to the chocolate refining, panning, moulding, and depositing areas, and occasionally to Quality, Maintenance and Warehousing.
The GPW weighs, measures, and prepares ingredients and transports raw material, (WIP) work in progress, finished product and/or packaging material throughout the plant. They are responsible for the general cleaning of work areas and equipment to food quality standards; assisting process control and machine operators in performing their duties; processing, recording, and maintaining accurate paperwork including lot tracking and capturing production data; assisting in other areas relevant or as required to the position.
Qualified candidates demonstrate ability to:
- Follow directions and communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Work in a variety of environments including wet, humid, particulate (dusty), cold, hot, and indoor/outdoor
- Perform repetitive tasks while standing for extended periods (8-10 hrs)
- Lift up to 25 kgs. on a regular basis
- Work accurately with numbers and basic calculations
- Solve basic to moderate problems, organize and accomplish tasks within set timeframes
- Exercise manual dexterity and hand eye coordination
- Work well in a team environment; strong can-do/ service attitude
- Maintain a continuous improvement and learning orientation; adaptable and open to change
This position is required to operate and perform in a food manufacturing, production, and warehousing environment. Unique or special features of the job include:
- 80-90% of day is spent standing or walking on the plant production floor
- Repetitive upper body (hand, arm, shoulder, back) motion is required
- Lower body activity is common to frequent (bending, lifting, twisting)
Our production facility runs on a three-shift schedule and all employees are expected to operate within a flexible scheduling / rotation environment. Centrally located in South Richmond, we are close to transit, the Tunnel, and a short walk from the beautiful Fraser River.
We are long established and growing company and proud to offer training, growth and development opportunities to our employees, along with competitive compensation including Group Benefits (health & dental) participation, and FREE parking. Many of our team have made a career of working with us – learning and moving around the organization and helping to train the next generation.
And what could be sweeter - than a job surrounded by chocolate?!
Please submit resume including contact information to email@example.com or mail to 11520 Horseshoe Way | Richmond, BC | V7A 4V5 | Attn: Production Manager
We welcome applications from all eligible to work in Canada. Successful candidates may be required to submit to reference checks, Criminal background check, and or Medical Fitness Assessment.