Health and Safety Specialist
Here is your opportunity to be an integral part of a BC based natural foods brand that is experiencing tremendous growth across North America. Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd. is a premium snack food company based in Surrey, BC. We produce all-natural potato and root vegetable chips under the Hardbite™ brand name. For more information on our company, please visit us on our Facebook page, Instagram (@hardbitechips), Twitter (@Hardbite), or Website (www.hardbitechips.com).
Due to our growth, we have an opening for a Health and Safety Specialist (1-year contract) based out of our operations facility in Surrey, BC. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise and support to the management team on all health and safety matters.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable WorkSafe BC Legislation
- Develop and implement safety processes, procedures and policies
- Lead and train Supervisor’s on incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Develop and implement Emergency Response Plans
- Conduct worker health and safety orientation
- Conducting risk assessments to determine how hazards can be eliminated or reduced
- Developing safe operational procedures
- Developing a process to manage compensation claims and return to work processes
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2+ years related Health and Safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- Post Secondary education in Health and Safety, CRSP designation an asset
- Proficient MS Office Skills (One Drive, Office 365, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Superior communications skills, both written and oral
- This position requires successful completion of a clear background check prior to start date
- Our operations facility is a 20-minute walk to transit
- The base range of compensation for this position will be further discussed at the interview and based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package containing: Full Extended Health and Dental Benefits, Medical Services Plan (MSP) for yourself and all eligible dependents after 3 months of continuous employment.
To apply to this exciting opportunity with Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd., please e-mail your resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “Health and Safety Specialist 2018 16” in the subject line.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Application Closing: Open until filled
Position Type: One Year Contract, Full-Time