HEALTH & SAFETY PROFESSIONAL
Vitalus Nutrition Inc. (www.vitalus.com) is an internationally recognized supplier of customized dairy ingredients for the world's food, beverage and “nutraceutical” industries. We work hard to deliver on our core values of:
CARE - Success is building long-lasting relationships with each other and our customers
INTEGRITY - We do the right thing all the time, every time
EXPERTISE - We are experts in our field and we are inspired to learn and grow
We seek employees aligned to our values, strong contributors to personal/team/organizational goals, and individuals challenged by an environment of growth and expansion. If you are interested in working with a company that continually strives to create a culture where our PEOPLE can do and be their best consider applying to this position. We welcome your interest in our company.
The Health & Safety Officer plays an operational role in implementing and maintaining a safe work environment consistent with our core value of CARE for our People. They do this by being visible and accessible to our employees; ensuring compliance with corporate, industry, and regulatory safety standards; ensuring adherence to our Certificate of Recognition (COR) safety policies, processes and practices; facilitating/coordinating safety training; and supporting managers/supervisors on health and safety issues.
Applying a collaborative approach, but able to influence safe work practices, the Officer is a key contributor to ensuring our employees return safely home every day, every week, every month. The Officer partners with management to ensure safety within plant production areas, participates as a member of the company health and safety committee, provides guidance to First Aid Attendants, completes accident investigations, liaises with WorkSafeBC, works with human resources on return to work situations, and aligns with our food safety QA requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- OHS Policy & Safety Standards
- Employee Health & Safety
- WCB Claims & Return to Work
- Safety Orientation & Training
- Tracking & Administration
To be considered for this position you must meet the following minimum qualifications. We invite applications from less experienced but certified individuals demonstrating the willingness to build their expertise in the field and our industry. We are seeking applicants with the desire for a permanent versus contract or short-term placement.
- 2+ years of experience related to the coordination of a company’s OHS Program. Individuals with experience within food processing and/or manufacturing are preferred.
- Working knowledge of COR certification requirements. Experience in establishing/maintaining COR certification an asset.
- Occupational Health & Safety Diploma (BCIT or equivalent); Occupational First Aid Level II
- Knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulations, policies, guidelines and standards. Experience dealing with WorkSafeBC including return to work situations. Experience partnering with human resources in RTW situations a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in facilitating safety orientations/training sessions.
Please apply online at: http://vitalus.com/en/careers/