About APEX FOOD SOURCE
Our team’s mission is to become the best producer of innovative and custom food products for North America’s leading retail and restaurant brands. We work together to assess our customers’ needs; develop and deliver unique, innovative, complete solutions, and create enduring relationships. You can find our products in grocery stores and on restaurant menus across Canada.
At Apex, we’re about more than just food. We’re about bringing delicious creations to life for our clients. Because when we enhance what our clients are offering consumers, we’re making the world better by producing better food experiences and dining memories. We manage by facts that are used to support intuition and continuous improvement – business geeks specializing in food – is our mantra.
Human Resource Manager Primary Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Vice President, the Human Resources Manager (HRM) is directly responsible for our high performance climate and culture that emphasizes personal and food safety, continuous improvement, and the pursuit of individual, and team excellence at all Apex locations. This role is very strategic and oversees the development, planning, and implementation of all Human Resources processes and ensures that they’re in individual, team, and organizational alignment via superior management of the work design. As a result, the HRM is ultimately responsible for the development of all employees who desire to improve and to ensure that all teams and functional work units are healthy and provide an environment for individuals to thrive. A major part of this role is to aid all supervisors in being accountable and responsible for their direct reports.
When our employees are in an environment that enables them to perform at their very best, we add the most value to our products, thus ensuring we can be priced competitively and consistently meet and exceed our customer’s expectations.
Major components of the role include and are not limited to:
- Designing, developing and executing best-practice initiatives for core human resources policies and programs, including succession and career planning, performance appraisals, recruitment, onboarding and employee retention;
- Providing senior level advice and recommendations to Vice President and departmental administrators on matters relating to human resources issues;
- Partnering with management to understand the long-term objectives, identifying areas of opportunity and implementing Human Resource interventions needed to meet the short and longer-term growth strategies;
- Acting as a change agent to build awareness of new human resources processes and facilitating successful process, behaviour and cultural change;
- Supervising the development and maintenance of actionable, proactive metrics that drive forecasting capabilities and strategic insights specific to HR (Values Survey and Organizational Diagnoses);
- Overseeing and providing strong mentorship to individualsin the organization who are responsible for a team or has supervisory responsibilities through effective training, coaching and team building;
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the department, ensuring security, and accuracy of employee records, consistency of practice and maintenance of optimum service levels;
- Ensuring effective benefit and compensation policies and systems are in place in accordance with best practices; and
- Ensuring appropriate communication with the College community regarding matters relating to human resources issues.
Requirements of the Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Human Resource Management combined with CHRP certification, and at least 3 years of experience in Human Resource Management.
- Strong computer and project management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Demonstrated superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
Apex Company Values:
At Apex, we champion the values of our founders. We uphold these values to improve our workplace, enrich our community, and change our world for the better.
- Honesty - We are authentic and speak the truth, because honesty builds trust and trust builds relationships.
- Respect - We honour and appreciate each other and those we encounter, because respectful workplaces are productive, rewarding, and enjoyable for all.
- Excellence - We pursue excellence through the commitment to our work and our relationships, because we believe that everyone deserves the best version of ourselves.
- Stewardship - We safeguard our assets to maximize the positive impact they can have on the world, because we believe that all of God’s gifts are worth caring for and preserving.
Please email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.