Fine Choice Foods Ltd. specializes in the manufacturing of Asian-themed food such as: spring roll, dumplings, samosas and sauces. For over 33 years, the Company has been supplying retail and food service providers across Canada and United States. For more information, please visit our website at: www.finechoicefoods.com
Position: Human Resources Manager
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Location: 23011 Fraserwood Way, Richmond, BC
Reporting to the General Manager, the Human Resources Manager will lead the department with one direct report. The HR Manager puts the Company’s needs first and works closely with the senior management team on firm-wide policy setting, problem solving and decision making. The successful candidate must have a keen eye for detail, be adaptable to changes, provide solutions, understand and relate to others, and be dedicated to the Company and its success.
The Human Resources Manager position will focus on the Company’s Talent & Development, Employee Engagement, Company Policies, and Employee Relations as the company is poised for further growth.
- Direct supervision of HR co-ordinator, providing coaching, task assignment and career development
- Maintain and further develop the Company’s recruitment strategy and implement any changes
- Review, produce and implement job descriptions and job postings as necessary
- Recruit and interview candidates for a variety of firm positions and prepare all necessary documentation
- Develop and execute an HR plan that drives retention, engagement, career development, teamwork and a healthy work environment
- Maintain and update employee handbook with all relevant Company policies; communicate and interpret policies to all employees
- Direct new employee orientation programs and on-boarding
- Develop and implement employee engagement programs (eg. to reinforce safety procedures)
- Advise management on employee discipline and terminations and prepare all necessary documentation
- Manage annual employee review process & co-ordinate resultant merit increases
- Oversee the HR co-ordinator on all payroll matters and all employee benefit programs
- Maintain personnel files
- Oversee employee safety, welfare, heath & wellness, & participate in company-wide committees
- Project and change management related to planning and implementation of HR programs
- Oversee firm initiatives for annual awards
Skills and Specifications:
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a similar role
- Post-secondary education & CPHR designation preferred
- Self-starter with proven ability to work with a culturally diverse work group
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with different ethnicities
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Fluent in oral and written English; working proficiency in Cantonese or Mandarin is an asset
- Results oriented problem solver
- Ability to work independently & multi task while thriving in a team environment
Fine Choice Foods offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program (extended health & dental, MSP, and matching RRSP). Interested applicants must apply with a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fine Choice Foods is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified woman, men, visible minorities, aboriginal people, and person with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their application but only those selected for interviews will be contacted by email. No phone calls please!