Human Resources Manager – Contract (12 months)
Here is your opportunity to be an integral part of a BC based natural foods brand that is experiencing tremendous growth across North America. Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd. is a premium snack food company based in Surrey, BC. We produce all-natural potato and root vegetable chips under the Hardbite™ brand name. For more information on our company, please visit us on our Facebook page, Instagram (@hardbitechips), Twitter (@Hardbite), or Website (www.hardbitechips.com).
We have an opening for a Human Resources Manager (12-month contract) based out of our operations facility in Surrey, BC. Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will assume responsibility for the company HR policies and programs, legal compliance, recruiting, and benefits. The ideal candidate is energetic, a team player, and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Recruitment, on-boarding, orientation, off-boarding of all hourly and salary employees as per business requirements
- Administration of extended health, dental and MSP benefit programs
- Administration of claims management
- Oversee outsourced payroll (Payworks) and prepare reports as required for management
- Maintain employee related personnel files
- Develop, update and maintain companywide employee policies, procedures, and programs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge to ensure organizational compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements and providing HR advice to management and employees
- Monitor the performance evaluation program, and coordinate with management on process and schedule
- Identify, organize, and submit HR related Grant applications
- Other reports, projects and tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years related Human Resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- CPHR designation required
- Proficient MS Windows/MS Office Skills
- Effective interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communications skills
- This position requires successful completion of a clear background check prior to start date
- Our operations facility is a 20-minute walk to transit
To apply to this exciting opportunity with Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd., please e-mail your resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role including salary expectations to email@example.com, referencing “Human Resources Manager - Contract” in the subject line.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Application Closing: Open until filled