Fine Choice Foods Ltd. specializes in the manufacturing of Asian-themed foods such as: spring rolls; samosas, dumplings and sauces. For over 33 years, we have been supplying food service providers and retailers across Canada and regionally in the US. For more information, please visit our website at: www.finechoicefoods.com
Position: Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Industrial Mechanic is responsible for the routine and preventative maintenance of production equipment and building systems. The successful candidate will show leadership and initiative; understand and adhere to all plant Food and Safety Policies. You must be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision, able to multitask, work within timelines, and operate under stressful conditions.
- Shared responsibility with other members of the Maintenance Team to ensure daily operation of all plant production equipment
- Trouble shooting/repairs/installations of processing and packaging equipment with a working knowledge of electrical systems to allow efficient repair/replacement results
- Electrical equipment (AC drives, power control circuits, starters, MCC's, motors)
- Instrumentation (pneumatic controls, hydraulics, transducers, servos)
- Machine and fabricate parts for equipment repairs and/or upgrades
- Perform repairs to building mechanical systems as required
- Actively participate in our monthly preventative maintenance programs and records.
- Recommend and implement corrective action and required repairs
- Use of computerized maintenance management system
- Microprocessor based systems (PLC's, Electronic circuits, controls)
- Assist in planning, organizing of work activities (drawing interpretation, parts preparation)
- Coordinate and oversee 3rd party contractors
- Follow all company policies including: GMP; SQF; HACCP; WorkSafe BC; etc
Skills and specifications:
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in an industrial/food processing environment
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Mechanical and electrical repair knowledge is required
- TIG welding experience is preferred
- Metal works (fabricating machine components and building conveyor belts) experience is preferred
- Good computer skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines
- Highly motivated – able to work well with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and passionate individual, who has a high sense of urgency, thrives with a wide variety of work and can deliver consistent results on multiple priorities.
- Automation & DDC experience is an asset
- Boiler, refrigeration and HVAC experience is an asset
- Trade Certification is an asset
- Proficient in Mandarin and/or Cantonese is an asset
Location: East Richmond (No 9 Road and Westminster Hwy)
Hours of Work: flexible schedule however must be available to work on Saturdays and Sundays
Fine Choice Foods offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits program (health & dental, MSP, matching RRSP and performance bonus). Interested applicants must apply directly via email to: [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their application, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted by email. No phone calls please.
Fine Choice Foods is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.