Are you a highly-analytical, passionate people leader, who has 7+ years inventory & demand planning experience in the consumer-packaged goods industry? Do you thrive in results-focused, collaborative and supportive environment and are looking for an opportunity to work for an exciting, growing company? If you answered yes to these questions, you're in the right place!
Petcurean is on the hunt for a detail-driven and passionate Inventory & Demand Planning Manager to join our Operations team at our head office in Chilliwack, BC!
Who we are:
At Petcurean our People Matter! We're a happy, motivated and hard-working group of pet lovers united in our mission to make Petcurean the best it can be. We create nutritionally balanced and superior quality pet food choices which always put the pet's overall health & wellness first; while embracing a deep-rooted sense of responsibility to our customers, our people, our community and our planet. We're pet people, pet owners, pet advocates and we are driven by the idea that pets deserve food that is made with the same love and care as we put into preparing meals for our own families.
A glimpse of what you'll be doing:
- As a proponent of the Petcurean culture, supervise and support the demand and inventory planning team, while continuously striving to improve operational efficiencies and workflows
- Determine production requirements for manufacturing plants on a weekly basis (using four-week rolling forecast) while ensuring optimal levels of stock through forecasting procedures.
- Monitor and maintain daily inventory ensuring min & max inventory levels are maintained.
- Balance weekly empty packaging inventory provided by the manufacturing plants to determine losses and inventory requiring reordering.
- Maintain data in the MRP system as well as in all the spreadsheets.
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers, distributors and service providers to ensure a high level of service is provided, contractor obligations are met, problems are investigated and resolved, and continuous improvement opportunities are fostered.
- Generate 15-month long-term forecast by SKU and review it with our manufacturers
- Generate and maintain bi-weekly, monthly and annual management reports.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree or Post-Secondary qualification in Supply Chain Management or Manufacturing Operations, Materials Management, or a combination of schooling and experience
- Minimum of 7 years' experience working in demand planning, inventory management, project management, and supply chain
- 1+ years of people leadership experience and an understanding of the dynamics involved in team leadership
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of MRP, TQM, LEAN inventory, supply chain and production principles
- Expert level Microsoft Office (Excel specifically) skills
- Above average mathematical aptitude with strong analytical decision-making abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to exhibit a senior level of professionalism
What are the perks?
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Professional Development tailored to your needs
- Modern open concept office located in the beautiful Fraser Valley
- Staff Feed Program (to feed your dog or cat!)
- Stocked coffee and tea
If working for a results-driven, innovative company like Petcurean excites you (gets your tail wagging), please visit our website to apply!