JOB TITLE: Inventory Control Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
REPORTING TO: Director, Supply Chain
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, the Inventory Control Supervisor is responsible for managing and optimizing all warehouse inventory levels while achieving Daiya’s service level goals, assisting in training Team Members on inventory handling best practices, and supporting the Warehouse Manager on workflow and warehouse functions.
The Inventory Control Supervisor will drive inventory accuracy through analysis and physical counts while processing transactions across internal warehouses, 3rd party warehouses and co-packer facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide effective leadership, training, and accountability for inventory clerks and material handlers
- Utilizing ERP inventory reports to resolve shortages, inventory accuracy and ageing inventory issues in a proactive and timely manner.
- Provide bi-weekly reports on all significant inventory variation to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) for development, implementation, and improvement of inventory control policies and procedure.
- Conduct monthly audits on inventory levels, work collaboratively to make adjustments to inventory minimum/maximum levels, safety stocks, and lead times, to ensure sufficient supply to meet company service targets while maintaining targeted inventory turns.
- Review and analyze Bill of Material changes including: product conversions, deletions, and additions to determine impact on inventory requirements.
- Provide leadership to the Warehouse Team to ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are followed and storage areas are clean, organized, and orderly.
- Direct cycle counting programs and perform cycle counts.
- Establish loss prevention and safety/emergency procedures.
- Propose solutions to the Director of Supply Chain regarding inventory control.
- Coordinate with internal departments for the following:
- Sales - Make crucial inventory decisions based on demand forecasting, product promotion periods, expiring or short dated products, obsolete materials, etc.
- Finance - Inventory audits to establish KPI’s for cycle counting and schedules for the reconciliation process.
- All other departments to ensure the success of inventory management
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Operations Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management and/or CPIM designation
- 5 years of experience in inventory management or warehouse management
- Solid experience with ERP systems, preferably Syspro
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively evaluate, map, structure, and implement process improvements
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to work cross-functionally and within a team environment
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Inventory Control Supervisor” on the subject line.