Foley’s Candies Limited Partnership has been manufacturing fine quality chocolate for over 40 years. Located in Richmond, BC, we are the largest chocolate manufacturer in Western Canada and one of the largest in all of Canada; producing a wide range of industrial chocolate ingredients, panned chocolate products, and private label goods.
We source our raw chocolate ingredients from environmentally responsible suppliers that support the World Cocoa Foundation and Rainforest Alliance. Foley’s is Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program Level 3-certified, with an in-house lab staffed by highly experienced food technologists. All of our products are Kosher-certified; some are designated Pareve dairy-free; some verified GMO-free.
Foley’s is GROWING and presently welcoming applications and interest in a wide variety of permanent/regular full time and seasonal full-time positions.
Under general supervision, the janitor’s primary role is to keep the plant and office buildings in clean and orderly condition. General responsibilities include both light and moderate cleaning activities such as cleaning floors, vacuuming and shampooing rugs, washing walls, glass and window, and removing rubbish and recycling. All plant staff are required to operate within a flexible work hour environment.
Qualified candidates are those who demonstrate ability to/possess:
- Follow directions; work well in a team environment; interact with professionalism and respect
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Able to perform repetitive tasks while standing for extended periods (8-10 hrs)
- Able to lift up to 25 kgs. on a regular basis
- Able to work accurately with numbers and basic calculations
- Able to work in a variety of environments including wet, humid, particulate (dusty), cold, hot, and indoor/outdoor
- Strong manual dexterity and hand eye coordination
- Able to work well in a team environment; strong can-do/ service attitude
- Able to solve basic to moderate problems, organize and accomplish tasks within set timeframes
- Possess a continuous improvement and learning orientation; adaptable and open to change
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED
- 1+ year of related experience
Our production facility runs on a three-shift schedule and all employees are expected to operate within a flexible scheduling / rotation environment. Centrally located in South Richmond, we are close to transit, the Tunnel, and a short walk from the beautiful Fraser River.
We are a long established and growing company and proud to offer training, growth and development opportunities to our employees, along with competitive compensation including Group Benefits (health & dental) participation, FREE parking. and the newest addition to our health & wellness efforts – bicycles! Many of our team members have made a career working with us – learning and moving around the organization and helping to train the next generation.
And what could be sweeter - than a job surrounded by chocolate?!
We welcome applications from all eligible to work in Canada. Successful candidates may be required to submit to Reference Checks and or Medical Fitness Assessment.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com