Key Account Manager
Senior VP of Sales & Marketing
As part of the Canadian Sales team, the Key Account Manager (KAM) will be responsible for the development and execution of the strategies for an existing group of key retail customers and the penetration of new business. The KAM will be measured on their ability to deliver short-term and long-term sustainable profit and volume growth for Organika while delivering against the specific needs of their customers. You will maintain and grow our business relationship with national accounts by enhancing credibility, developing trust and providing outstanding service and results. You are accountable for the tracking and performance of the national accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for retail execution of brand and trade strategies in grocery and mass channels
- Build and support relationships with key customers, business partners, industry associations, government and suppliers to provide winning value and optimize go-to-market strategies and priorities
- Pro-actively identify and implement business-building initiatives that contribute towards the achievement of superior business results
- Achieve yearly sales and distribution targets and monitor ongoing performance targets
- Present and promote Organika product line and new innovation to existing and new customers by responding to customer-initiated redesigns and reformulations, and introduce new product innovations
- Collaborate with internal team to coordinate
- Selling tools - promotional schedule, new product launches, sell sheet, etc.
- Tracking tools - forecasting, spending promo participation form, etc.
- Communicate the national account priorities and engage the cross functional teams (shopper solutions, forecasting, finances, marketing and supply chain) to positively influence business results
- Successfully manage trade spending and forecasting within category responsibilities
- Provide accurate insights & visibility to the support team on most recent category trends, issues, risks & opportunities
- Collaborate with the SVP Sales to develop
- Plans with existing clients
- Sales and business development strategies to improve market share in all product lines
- Control budgets for sales promotions and trade show expenses
- Be a leader, foster team spirit, build efficient team & bring value to the CBT team
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Required Skills and Training
- Minimum 5 years' multi-account management and sales experience having dealt with the category managers at larger grocery/mass retailers.
- A university degree or college diploma in Business Administration, Marketing, Food Science or in a related field preferred
- Experience using sales reporting systems and AC Nielson systems is an asset
- Strong understanding of financials including trade spending and profit and loss statements
- Considering candidates from food brokerages and/or consumer packaged goods companies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Must possess strong verbal and written skills in and English.
- Must possess market, sales process, and product knowledge
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills, closing skills, relationship-building.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, entrepreneurial, self-directed.
- Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to act quickly and work independently; sometimes under tight deadlines.