Machine Operator (Fluid) - Full Time Position
The primary role of the Fluid Operator position is the safe and efficient operation of the pasteurizing machine, testing the product, and running samples for the manufacture of safe and high quality food products. The Fluid Operator is a member of the Vitalus team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve department goals, and provides support to other roles within the dairy operations as required. This position requires shift work, weekend and holiday rotations in a 24/7 operation.
This is regular, full-time position in a rotating 8-hour shift schedule which includes days, afternoons, night shifts, weekends and stat holidays. We offer a base pay that recognizes your past experience, pay a quarterly bonus when team targets are achieved, pays premiums for shift work, adds a full benefit package at 3 months, and matches your RRSP contribution to 4% of base pay after one year.
- High school diploma and two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment related to food or a similar industry.
- Pasteurizer operation and/or dairy plant experience an asset.
- Working knowledge of HACCP or other quality systems.
- Experience in operating manual and power pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Mechanical aptitude. Dexterity to turn valves, connect pipes, assemble fittings.
- Fluent English (verbal and written communication skills) with the ability to follow and give clear instructions.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Able to lift 20 kg (55 lbs.)
- Able to work in confined spaces.
- Capability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Working proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, and spreadsheet/database, MS Excel. PLC experience an asset
Vitalus Nutrition has grown from a small family-owned business to a trusted international supplier of specialty dairy ingredients for large-scale processors and brands. Our transparent, ethical and service-driven approach has helped us build long-standing relationships with customers throughout the world. Our purpose is to improve lives by unlocking the nutritional value of milk.
Bringing Milk to Life™
We constantly look for ways to improve the work environment, provide a safe workplace, communicate company information, encourage employee collaboration, provide ongoing training to assist employees in performing their current job and prepare for career opportunities. Our compensation and benefits package is very competitive.
This permanent, full-time position offers a base pay that recognizes your past experience, a quarterly bonus payout when targets are met, additional shift premiums, full benefit package (MSP, Extended Health, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D) after 3 months, and RRSP/DPSP matching up to 4% of base pay after one year of service.
We pride ourselves on creating a healthy, respectful, and safe work environment where managers and co-workers care about who you are and support you in learning this new role. As a company, our turnover is low to industry, and our employee engagement is higher. This relates to our core values of CARE, INTEGRITY and EXPERTISE.
Apply online at: http://vitalus.com/en/careers/