Foley’s Candies Limited Partnership has been manufacturing fine quality chocolate for over 40 years. Located in Richmond, BC, we are the largest chocolate manufacturer in Western Canada and one of the largest in all of Canada; producing a wide range of industrial chocolate ingredients, panned chocolate products, and private label goods.
We source our raw chocolate ingredients from environmentally responsible suppliers that support the World Cocoa Foundation and Rainforest Alliance. Foley’s is Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program Level 3-certified, with an in-house lab staffed by highly experienced food technologists. All of our products are Kosher-certified; some are designated Pareve dairy-free; some verified GMO-free.
Foley’s is GROWING and presently welcoming applications and interest in a wide variety of permanent/regular full time and seasonal full time positions.
Under general supervision, the primary function of the Maintenance Technician is to ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance servicing on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and food production machines.
This position is charged with following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; trouble shooting malfunctions and responding to critical system failure or breakdown. They are responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to workplace health & safety, food quality standards, and predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
Qualified candidates are those who demonstrate ability to/possess:
- Follow directions and communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Perform repetitive tasks over extended periods of time (8-10 hrs)
- Lift up to 25KG on a regular basis; up to 50kg or more, infrequently or from time to time.
- Work accurately with numbers and moderately complex calculations
- Operate in a variety of environments including wet, humid, particulate (dusty), cold, hot, and indoor/outdoor
- Solid technical understanding of process and practice related to the effective use and maintenance of equipment and materials
- Knowledge and familiarity with various forms of equipment and tools
- Strong manual dexterity and hand eye coordination
- Work well in a team environment; communicates with respect
- Strong can-do/ service attitude; capable of dealing with uncertainty
- Solve moderate to advanced problems, organize and accomplish tasks within set timeframes
- Continuous improvement and learning orientation; adaptable and open to change
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- Red Seal Certification in related trade (millwright, plumbing, electrician, boiler)
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
Our production facility runs on a three-shift schedule and all employees are expected to operate within a flexible scheduling / rotation environment. Centrally located in South Richmond, we are close to transit, the Tunnel, and a short walk from the beautiful Fraser River.
We are long established and growing company and proud to offer training, growth and development opportunities to our employees, along with competitive compensation including Group Benefits (health & dental) participation, and FREE parking. Many of our team have made a career of working with us – learning and moving around the organization and helping to train the next generation.
And what could be sweeter - than a job surrounded by chocolate?!
Please submit resume including contact information to email@example.com or mail to 11520 Horseshoe Way | Richmond, BC | V7A 4V5 | Attn: Production Manager
We welcome applications from all eligible to work in Canada. Successful candidates may be required to submit to reference checks, Criminal background check, and or Medical Fitness Assessment.