EggSolutions- Vanderpols Inc. is a company who values their employees. Located in the Fraser Valley, we are a family owned company proudly servicing local and international customers for 65 years. This stability has not limited our ongoing growth and therefore has created numerous advancement opportunities for employees at all levels. We constantly look for ways to improve the work environment, provide a safe workplace, listen to our employees, communicate company information, and provide ongoing training to assist employees in performing their current job and prepare them for career opportunities. We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The primary role of the Maintenance Technician is to provide technical services to production teams in supporting production uptime, ensuring optimal functioning of the production equipment and facilities. This position will require a licensed Millwright and Power Engineering certification to provide critical support in reducing production down time, implementation of preventive maintenance programs, and effective troubleshooting of equipment. The Maintenance Technician will report to the Maintenance Manager, serve as a member of the maintenance team and as such, participate in team efforts to achieve assigned business unit goals; work closely with team members to ensure all maintenance activities are completed on time, according to SOPs and regulatory requirements; and provide support to other roles within the maintenance team as required.
- Millwright trade certification / Red Seal
- 2-3 years of work experience in maintenance / millwright functions preferably in a food manufacturing environment
- Class 5 Power Engineering certificate
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Preventative Maintenance
- Perform preventive maintenance as per program requirements
- Unscheduled Maintenance
- Respond appropriately to emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment to reduce manufacturing machine downtime
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform Boiler operations as shift engineer
Quality, Customer Focus, Safety and Environment
- Build positive and productive relationships with internal customers and supplier
- Ensure work area is kept clean at all times.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the writing and review of standard operating procedures and standard work documentation for maintenance processes and tasks.
- Comply and uphold quality systems requirements.
- Adhere to all safety practices and protocols related to job responsibilities and tasks including wearing all appropriate PPE.
- Act in accordance with company policies related to personal and group health and safety practices and procedures.
- Engage in permanent and continuous learning by participating in on-job, internal and/or external training programs. Apply learned knowledge to work environment and role.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement programs such as coaching sessions, sharing of knowledge and skills, and contributing to team efforts to achieve assigned goals.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Ability)
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing / industrial equipment
- Equipment and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Physical strength and stamina to do maintenance and repair work
- Proven record of safety
- Able to move from one task to another efficiently and accurately.
- Demonstrates team approach, behaviours and interpersonal skills that contribute to a positive team and work environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to clearly understand instructions and communicate one-on-one.
- Organized in approach to work assignments, practices effective time management, and prioritizes tasks.
- Ability to effectively use a computer
- Competitive Wages
- MSP & extended benefits at 3 months
- Safety shoe allowance
- Paid vacation
- RRSP matching program
- Incentive bonus plan
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Professional development opportunities
Application instructions: Please submit a resume, with hourly wage expectations, in a single attachment (Word document or PDF file). Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
$31.50-36.50; hourly rate dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Application instructions: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with hourly wage expectations, in a single attachment (Word document or PDF file). Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. Be sure to quote “Maintenance Technician” in your application.