Location: 30530 Progressive Way, Abbotsford
Reports to: Maintenance Specialist Lead
About APEX FOODSOURCE
Our team’s mission is to become the best producer of innovative and custom food products for North America’s leading retail and restaurant brands. We are not just a co-packer. We work together to asses our customers’ needs; develop and deliver unique, innovative, complete solutions, and create enduring relationships. You can find our products in grocery stores and on restaurant menus across Canada.
At Apex, we’re about more than just food. We’re about bringing delicious creations to life for our clients. Because when we enhance what our clients are offering consumers, we’re making the world better by producing better food experiences and dining memories. We manage by facts that are used to support intuition and continuous improvement – business geeks specializing in food – is our mantra.
About the Role
Reporting to the Maintenance Specialist Lead, the Maintenance Technician is responsible to carry out preventive maintenance of the operation lines, respond to breakdowns and follow the related SOPs.
- Carry out all related Power Engineer related to both steam boilers.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance as necessary to ensure plant reliability
- Service, maintained, and support all production related equipment
- Carry out preventative maintenance plan.
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Monitoring and maintaining both the fresh and wastewater system for the facility.
- Assist and/or lead in maintenance procedures throughout the plant.
- Troubleshoot any maintenance issues throughout the plant
- Complete various projects including welding, machining, mechanical, electrical, and work orders as assigned.
- Monitor plant facilities which include air system, fire system, etc.
- Prioritize maintenance work that needs to be completed
- Be able to operate all machinery including format and size changes in the designated area
- Work and communicate well with others and effectively contribute to the positive culture at Apex Food Source.
Requirements of the Role:
- A minimum two years’ experience in the maintenance of a manufacturing or production facility.
- A degree or certification from a vocational school.
- A 4th Class power engineer certificate (preferred).
- Sound knowledge of machines and tools.
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques.
- Solid computer and communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve low voltage electrical faults
- Ability to work safely with hand as well as power tools
- Must be able to work independently
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Works well with their hands and have the technical aptitude or skills necessary to fix things.
- Time management.
- Attention to detail.
- Communication skills.
- Patience and self-confidence.
- Job Type: Full-time
Apex Company Values:
At Apex, we champion the values of our founders. We uphold these values to improve our workplace, enrich our community, and change our world for the better.
- Honesty - We are authentic and speak the truth, because honesty builds trust and trust builds relationships.
- Respect - We honor and appreciate each other and those we encounter, because respectful workplaces are productive, rewarding, and enjoyable for all.
- Excellence - We pursue excellence through the commitment to our work and our relationships, because we believe that everyone deserves the best version of ourselves.
- Stewardship - We safeguard our assets to maximize the positive impact they can have on the world, because we believe that all of God’s gifts are worth caring for and preserving.