Maintenance Technician (Electrical) Full-Time Position
The primary role of the Maintenance Technician (Electrician) is to provide technical services to production teams in supporting production uptime, ensuring optimal functioning of the production equipment and facilities. This position provides critical support in reducing production down time, implementation of preventive maintenance programs, and effective troubleshooting of equipment.
The Maintenance Technician (Electrician) is a member of the maintenance team and as such,
participates in team efforts to achieve assigned business unit goals; works closely with team
members to ensure all maintenance activities are completed on time, according to SOPs and regulatory requirements; and provides support to other roles within the maintenance team. This is a full-time position that requires shift work, weekend and holiday rotations in a 24/7 operation
- Preventative Maintenance
- Steam Boiler
- Quality & Customer Focus
- Safety & Environment
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Ability)
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing / industrial equipment
- Food Industry experience an asset
- Equipment and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Welding and fabrication skills
- Basic for electrical and PLC knowledge
- Physical strength and stamina to do maintenance and repair work
- Able to move from one task to another efficiently and accurately
- Demonstrates team approach, behaviors and interpersonal skills that contribute to a positive team and work environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to clearly understand instructions and communicate one-on-one
- Organized in approach to work assignments, practices effective time management, and prioritizes tasks
- Health & Safety; Lockout, Confined Space Entry, WHMIS
- Familiar with quality systems; ISO, HACCP, GMP, 5S and TPM
- Ability to effectively use a computer; CMMS, Excel and Outlook
- Completed at least 4-years of apprenticeship in industrial electrical program or a combination of education and years of manufacturing work experience in the trade. Industrial Electrical trade certification is preferred.
- Class 4 or 3 Power Engineering certificate or in the process of certification or willing to certify
We are building a new plant and expanding our current operations. As a result, Vitalus Nutrition (www.vitalus.com), a leading international supplier of customized dairy ingredients, is recruiting additional Machine Operator position within our production area. This permanent, full-time position offers a base pay that recognizes your past experience, pays a quarterly bonus payout when we meet targets, adds premiums for shift work and certifications, adds a full benefit package at 3 months, and matches your RRSP contribution up to 4% of base pay after one year.
We pride ourselves on creating a healthy, respectful, and safe work environment where managers and co-workers care about who you are and support you in learning this new role. As a company, our turnover is low to industry, and our employee engagement is higher. This relates to our core values of CARE, INTEGRITY and EXPERTISE.