Full-Time | Richmond BC
Primary Purpose of Position:
Following safe, approved and proper procedures, the Manufacturing Assistant operates machines to produce and manufacture products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for efficiently mixing raw materials and maintaining the highest possible safety and quality standards.
- Sets up, maintains and operates machines that compress blended raw materials into tablets, following safety policies, Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Makes frequent adjustments to weight and pressure controls on machine to keep machine and product running smoothly and within specifications.
- Measures tablet hardness, friability and weight on a frequent basis to ensure product will meet Q.C. specifications.
- Performs change over, tear down and clean tablet pressing and coating machinery in a timely manner with a high-level quality.
- Maintains, lubricates and operates tablet pressing and coating machinery.
- Completes detail-oriented department paperwork during and at the end of each production run.
- Loads tablets into coating equipment, operates coating equipment and unloads tablets from coating equipment at the end of each batch.
- Mixes and prepares coating solutions for use in tablet coating equipment
Required Skills and Training
- Able to lift 50 lbs., engage in repetitive movements, and stand for long time.
- At least 1-year experience in a manufacturing or production.
- Familiarity and good working knowledge of manufacturing safety procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control for Production.
- Physically fit, detail-oriented, a good team player, and willing to learn.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical or natural health products industry is an asset.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; bend; and talk or hear.
- The employee must exert up to 50 lbs. of force frequently and/or 25 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity, far acuity, depth perception, accommodation, color vision, and field of vision.