Full-Time | Richmond, BC
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Manufacturing Supervisor’s purpose is to ensure a safe, clean, and productive working environment that always adheres to company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Champion for health and safety in the manufacturing environment
• Driver of continuous improvement for efficiency and utilization of materials, equipment and personnel
• Leads daily meetings to align team on priorities and performance expectations for the day
• Ensures manufacturing team consistently adheres to company quality control procedures. and all products manufactured meet the company’s quality standards.
• Monitors and evaluates daily performance of the team to key performance metrics laid out by production manager
• Main point of contact in manufacturing for other departments throughout supply chain
• Conducts regular inspection of the production areas and facilities; visually inspects production operations and documented batch records.
• Coordinates with Production Manager on matters regarding major repairs to equipment, facility and/or utilities.
• Performs general maintenance of machinery; assembly and disassembly, and cleaning.
• Trains manufacturing employees on machine operating procedures, SOP, proper documentation practice, sanitation procedures, workplace safety, etc.
• Monitors KPIs and provide weekly reports to production manager
• Performs other tasks as directed by the Production Manager.
Required Skills and Training:
• A diploma or certificate from a recognized institution in one of the following areas: Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent
• Preferred 3 years previous experience, or equivalent, as a production worker on manufacturing operations under industrial setting.
• Working knowledge and/or training in:
o Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
o Natural Health Product Regulations and Safety Requirement.
o Operation Management, Business Engineering, Supply Chain
o ISO fundamental
o Quality control and Production operations
o Hazard Analysis and Critical Control for Production
o Pest Management
o Record keeping
o Production planning / scheduling
o First Aid Certification
o Fork lift Certification
• Effective computer skills (MS Office)
• Able to lift at least 50 lbs., engage in repetitive movements, and stand for long periods of time.
• Physically fit, detail-oriented, a good team player, and willing to learn.
• Able to effectively manage conflict and maintain strong employee relations.
• Proficient in the use of the English language.
• Previous experience in the pharmaceutical or natural health products industry is an asset.