Marketing Specialist (Full-Time Position)
The Marketing Specialist plays a key role in supporting the Director, Product Strategy & Marketing and the Vitalus sales team to grow the VNI share of market and product sales. The Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing and executing marketing plans, communication activities and organizing trade show events with the goal of establishing and improving the Company’s competitive positioning in the market to support sales lead generation.
The Marketing Specialist is a member of the sales and marketing team and will work collaboratively with internal team members and as required, external consultants to implement approved marketing initiatives. The position participates in department projects, operational committees, and other department initiatives.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Marketing/Promotional Activities
- Social Media
- Lead Generation
- Market Research
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Ability)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively.
- Capability to work with internal departments, external partners, customers, sales representatives in a manner that promotes positive relationships.
- Strong organizational & project management skills:
- Detail oriented, ability to prioritize tasks, track projects and meet urgent deadlines.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and deliver/execute multiple tasks, projects and assignments effectively under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Planning, executing and analyzing website, email, Social Media, and SEM/SEO initiatives.
- Problem solver with solid analytical skills and the ability to trouble shoot as the need arises.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Advanced proficiency in the application of social media tools and platforms such as Hootsuite, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter for promotional, marketing, and sales applications.
- Degree in Marketing, Product Communications, Sales or Business with at least 3 years work experience in a similar role.
- Experience with B2B business marketing is required.
- Experience working with social media platforms and CRM required.
- Previous experience in the effective coordination of projects, annual business plans, and internal/external events.
- Superior time management skills, detail orientation, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal skills to clearly communicate with all levels of the organization and external partners/customers.
- Proficient with social media tools and platforms; Hootsuite, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- Professional level proficiency in MS Office.
- The position will require occasional day travel and evening hours as needed in special circumstances.
- Working knowledge of other languages an asset. I.E. Spanish, French.
Apply online at: http://vitalus.com/en/careers/