BC Food & Beverage – an industry Association that supports food, beverage and natural health products manufacturers in the province – is adding to its dedicated team. We’re looking for a Manager, Member Services to provide support to our growing membership. This is a full-time position based at our head office in Langley, BC though travel throughout the Lower Mainland and occasional travel to the Okanagan and Vancouver Island will be required.
As the Manager, Member Services you will bring your passion for support manufacturing members with the advice, resources and connections to support their individual business objectives. You will also create and participate in the strategies, tactics and analysis necessary to deliver the best membership experience for our members. The ideal candidate clearly understands the needs of small and medium scale manufacturing companies and may have previously operated a manufacturing business in BC.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with members, and offering all support services, referrals and networking with associate members to support growth objectives.
- Keeping internal files and resources up to date.
- Welcome and onboarding of new members
- Participate in events and activities
- Support the development and maintenance of online databases and resources. Support the upgrade of the database as required
- Identify and pro-actively initiate contact with new and existing business prospects for engagement.
- Develop and coordinate measurement tracking of key performance indicators for member engagement.
Other Skills and Education:
You possess excellent people and communication skills (written and verbal), and are highly competent in Microsoft Word and Excel. You are comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically. Also critical is the ability to be creative, think out of the box, build upon the ideas of others and generally add value to any project.
- Post-secondary Degree or diploma in a relevant Program
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve realistic business development goals.
- Understanding of association operations and best practices
- Sound judgment; strategic thinker
- Experience in survey development and implementation; strong ability in analysis
- Experience in the use of databases for managing association membership information
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in managing projects and delegating tasks to support staff
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral), as well as active listening skills
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional networking capacity
- Previous experience in the food and beverage industry, or past experience as an entrepreneur – are preferred but not essential.