Operation, Maintenance & Sanitation Technician Position
Catalyst Development – a growing beverage manufacturing company in Burnaby has an immediate opening for full time general plant operations, maintenance & sanitation operator/technician.
Reporting to the QA manager, duties will include, but are not limited to;
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production of facility equipment. This includes motors, generators, pumps and other pneumatic and electrical equipment.
- General maintenance and repair of production line and plant.
- Working on Beverage & dry goods production line and warehouse.
- Shipping and receiving, maintain shipping / receiving records and files to support
product tracing, Quality Assurance and Operations.
- Preparing products for release and dispatch.
- Cleaning and maintenance of production line and facility
- Conducting various administration and general duties.
- Filing of production records and other documentation.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Aptitude and experience in troubleshooting and repair of machinery/equipment
- Able to lift 40 lb packages to head height and physically able to work on the
production line and in warehouse.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Diligence and attention to detail while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with initiative and take charge of necessary tasks.
- Strong telephone and email etiquette.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Motivated and Dedicated.
- Positive attitude, friendly & outgoing personality.
- Willingness to learn and ask questions.
- Normal working hours and days are 8:30 AM -- 5 PM Monday through Friday, but shift times may vary as required by production schedule. No evening or graveyard shifts are expected.
- Situated on transit route, but a vehicle recommended and preferred.
- FoodSafe 1, experienced in operating forklift or food-manufacturing plants are strong assets.
The position pays a minimum of $20 per hour to start. Competitive benefits package after successfully completing 3 month probation period.
To apply, please send your resume to Arran Murphy at [email protected] with the subject line “operations and plant equipment technician ”.
We thank all applicants for your interest, but we will only contact the candidates selected for an interview.