Be real. Or adventurous. Or both.
At Hardbite, we craft great tasting natural snacks that inspire people to go beyond. As our company has grown, so have our product lines… yet our passion for quality has never wavered. We need team members who share our passion for high quality, all natural, and adventurous snacks.
The 5 words that best describe us are:
We know that’s six, but we also like to push limits and go beyond expectations.
We’re independently owned & operated… and proudly Canadian to boot.
We are looking for an entrepreneurially minded Operations Manager who is seeking a significant challenge in a fast-paced food processing plant. You have the ability to create a vision and bring forth a systematic process to deliver break-through results in the areas of cost, quality, safety, productivity, efficiency, and morale. You measure your success by the success of the team you lead, company you work with, and the business partners you serve.
Your primary responsibilities are:
- Overall responsibility for the leadership and management of the production plant facility: production, distribution, maintenance, inventory, shipping, and warehousing
- Oversee the operational budget; raw material, labour, shipping, expense items, packaging, materials, and maintenance
- Provide leadership to the operations department; conveying company vision and strategies while assuring all departments are moving forward in the proper direction
- Recommend and implement programs to optimize workflow, accuracy, and productivity
- Lead maintenance personnel to ensure on-going preventative maintenance schedule for all machinery and equipment, in addition to rapid response to machinery and equipment problems, as well as capital equipment expansion/commissioning projects.
- Review and optimize processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints
- Ensure all regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures are followed
- Employ a continuous improvement mindset. Investigate existing systems and procedures and recommend improvements where necessary, resulting in a more efficient and cost-effective operation
- Provide opportunities for the professional and personal development and growth of employees through performance planning
- Work collaboratively as part of a team providing input for the development of company goals and objectives
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- Minimum five years of management experience within a food processing environment
- Post-secondary education in operations management, food related sciences, or business
- Strong analytical ability with a bias for making decision
- Commitment to high professional standards
- Able to delegate responsibilities effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient MS Office Skills (One Drive, Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
Of course, a sense of humour is also critical because snacking should simply be good, healthy fun.
We offer a competitive salary and every position at Hardbite comes with benefits, including extended health and dental coverage, MSP premium payments and, of course, chips!
Come join our team and explore what’s real!
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to learn more about who we are!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter, specifying why you are interested in the role including your salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
- operations management within food processing plant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Required)