Order Picker – Day Shift
Here is your opportunity to be an integral part of a BC based natural foods brand that is experiencing tremendous growth across North America. Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd. is a premium snack food company based in Surrey, BC. We produce all-natural potato and root vegetable chips under the Hardbite™ brand name. For more information on our company, please visit us on our Facebook page, Instagram (@hardbitechips), Twitter (@Hardbite), or Website (www.hardbitechips.com).
Due to our growth, we have an opening for an Order Picker – Day Shift based out of our operations facility in Surrey, BC. Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing support and ensuring that all customer orders have been accurately checked to ensure that customers receive their anticipated product by the delivery times that were promised.
- Communicates with Warehouse Supervisor for all direction required for daily order requirements
- Picks customer orders accurately and effectively on a timely basis
- Organizes and stages orders to be shipped out
- Transports goods with materials handling equipment in safe and efficient manner
- Assists with loading and offloading goods from trucks and trailers, as needed.
- Re-packs orders as required
- May organize items in warehouse, including packaging and other raw materials
- Maintains materials handling equipment by noting and reporting any damage or malfunctions
- Assists in placing incoming items into inventory
- May assist with physical inventory counts
- Practices “first in first out” stock rotation
- Ensures the loading area is left organized and clean throughout the entire day
- Ensures warehouse cleanliness is always maintained
- Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse
- Performs other duties and/or tasks as directed by superiors
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1+ years experience in a warehouse position
- Forklift and WHMIS certified would be considered an asset
- Ensure compliance to GMPs, Food Safety, and Quality Assurance guidelines at all time
- Knowledge and understanding of best Warehouse safety practices
- Superior communications skills and the ability to deal with a variety of front line challenges in a proactive manner
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- Must be available to work the day shift on a full-time basis from 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday (start time may vary depending on business needs). This is a Permanent, Full-time role and will remain open until filled.
- All interested applicants will need to go through an interview process with the Shipping Department Supervisors.
- The wage for this position has been set at $14.00 per hour.
- Comprehensive benefits package containing: Full Extended Health and Dental Benefits, Medical Services Plan (MSP) for yourself and all eligible dependents after 3 months of continuous employment.
To apply to this exciting opportunity with Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd., please e-mail your resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role including salary expectations to email@example.com, referencing “Order Picker 2019 01” in the subject line. We thank you in advance for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.