Foley’s Candies Limited Partnership has been manufacturing fine quality chocolate for over 40 years. Located in Richmond, BC, we are the largest chocolate manufacturer in Western Canada and one of the largest in all of Canada; producing a wide range of industrial chocolate ingredients, panned chocolate products, and private label goods.
We source our raw chocolate ingredients from environmentally responsible suppliers that support the World Cocoa Foundation and Rainforest Alliance. Foley’s is Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program Level 3-certified, with an in-house lab staffed by highly experienced food technologists. All of our products are Kosher-certified; some are designated Pareve dairy-free; some verified GMO-free.
Under general supervision, the primary function of the Packaging Operator is to exercise skill and experience in the operation of bagging/packaging machines and equipment, ensuring that quality production is achieved on time and on schedule while following all health & safety and quality standards. The position is responsible for working with work in progress (WIP) and finished product, operating packaging equipment in any of the production areas; providing guidance and direction to General Production Workers; accurately administering and processing required documentation related to finished product; assisting team lead/supervisor with the effective set up/start up/change over of production runs. All plant staff are required to operate within a flexible work hour environment
Qualified candidates are those who demonstrate ability to/possess:
- Solid command of the English language; ability to both comprehend and communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions; work well in a team environment; interact with professionalism and respect.
- Accuracy and attention to detail; able to administer and work with moderately complex documents and information.
- Able to perform physically repetitive tasks while standing, walking or sitting (8-10 hour shift).
- Able to lift up to 25kgs. on a regular basis.
- Strong manual dexterity and hand eye coordination
- Knowledgeable on all process equipment and processes within the depositing department; clear understanding of facilitating a production run.
- Intermediate problem solving and time management skill; able to organize and accomplish tasks within set timeframes
- Able to work in a variety of environments including wet, humid, particulate (dusty), cold, hot, and indoor/outdoor.
- Strong can-do/ service attitude; capable of dealing with uncertainty.
- Possess a continuous improvement and learning orientation; adaptable and open to change.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED
- 2+ years of experience in a food manufacturing environment
Our production facility runs on a three-shift schedule and all employees are expected to operate within a flexible scheduling / rotation environment. Centrally located in South Richmond, we are close to transit, the Tunnel, and a short walk from the beautiful Fraser River.
We are a long established and growing company and proud to offer training, growth and development opportunities to our employees, along with competitive compensation including Group Benefits (health & dental) participation, and FREE parking. Many of our team members have made a career working with us – learning and moving around the organization and helping to train the next generation.
And what could be sweeter - than a job surrounded by chocolate?!
We welcome applications from all eligible to work in Canada. Successful candidates may be required to submit to reference checks and or a Medical Fitness Assessment.