Position Title: Packaging Warehouse Assistant
Immediate Supervisor: Marerials Manager
Employment Classification: Permanent Full-Time
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Packaging Warehouse Assistant receives and processes deliveries, and ensures the accurate and prompt recording of these.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and unloads incoming materials, verifying information on all pertinent documents.
- Inspects deliveries for damages or defects, records discrepancies or damages, and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Processes return shipments as required.
- Sorts, counts, labels, unpacks, and logs delivered goods. Moves received products to appropriate
areas within warehouse.
- Gathers products for delivery to other departments or supplies.
- Dispenses raw materials from work orders or purchase orders.
- Updates ERP system; ensures accurate and prompt recording of transactions.
- Recommends improvements to the ERP system.
- Prepares routine reports, and manages department files/records.
- Initiates or assists in ensuring safety, cleanliness and orderliness of the work area.
- Follows established policies, procedures, and standards in execution of all work assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills and Training
- Completion of High School from a Canadian institution or equivalent.
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language; proficient in reading and comprehending written English.
- Previous experience in a warehouse or receiving/shipping environment.
- Physically fit; able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Word and ERP systems.
- Able to operate warehouse equipment, e.g., pallet jack, forklift.
- Working knowledge and/or training in:
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Natural Health Product Regulations and Safety Requirements.
- ISO standards and requirements.
- Documentation and record keeping.
- Detail oriented, willing to learn, a good team player, and a reliable and collaborative worker.