Foley’s Candies Limited Partnership has been manufacturing fine quality chocolate for over 40 years. Located in Richmond, BC, we are the largest chocolate manufacturer in Western Canada and one of the largest in all of Canada; producing a wide range of industrial chocolate ingredients, panned chocolate products, and private label goods.
We source our raw chocolate ingredients from environmentally responsible suppliers that support the World Cocoa Foundation and Rainforest Alliance. Foley’s is Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program Level 3-certified, with an in-house lab staffed by highly experienced food technologists. All of our products are Kosher-certified; some are designated Pareve dairy-free; some verified GMO-free.
Foley’s is GROWING and presently welcoming applications and interest in a wide variety of permanent/regular full time and seasonal full time positions.
Under general supervision, the primary function of the Panning Operator is to exercise skill and experience in the operation of panning machines and equipment, ensuring that quality production is achieved on time and on schedule while following all health & safety and food quality standards. The position is responsible for working with raw materials, work in progress (WIP) and finished product; operating equipment in any of the panning rooms both automatic and manual; providing guidance and direction to General Production Workers (GPWs); accurately administering and processing required documentation related to finished product; assisting team lead/supervisors with the effective set up/start up/change over of production runs.
Qualified candidates are those who demonstrate ability to/possess:
- Solid command of the English language; ability to both comprehend and communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Follow directions; work well in a team environment; interact with professionalism and respect
- Accuracy and attention to detail; able to administer and work with moderately complex documents and information.
- Perform physically repetitive tasks while standing, walking or sitting (8-10 hour shift)
- Lift up to 25kgs. on a regular basis
- Strong manual dexterity and hand eye coordination
- Knowledge on all process equipment and processes within the panning departments (auto and manual panning); clear understanding of facilitating a production run.
- Intermediate problem solving and time management skill; able to organize and accomplish tasks within set timeframes
- Work in a variety of environments including wet, humid, particulate (dusty), cold, hot, and indoor/outdoor
- Strong can-do/ service attitude; capable of dealing with uncertainty
- Maintain a continuous improvement and learning orientation; adaptable and open to change
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED
- 2+ years of experience in a food manufacturing environment
Our production facility runs on a three-shift schedule and all employees are expected to operate within a flexible scheduling / rotation environment. Centrally located in South Richmond, we are close to transit, the Tunnel, and a short walk from the beautiful Fraser River.
We are a long established and growing company and proud to offer training, growth and development opportunities to our employees, along with competitive compensation including Group Benefits (health & dental) participation, and FREE parking. Many of our team members have made a career working with us – learning and moving around the organization and helping to train the next generation.
And what could be sweeter - than a job surrounded by chocolate?!
Please submit resume including contact information to email@example.com or mail to 11520 Horseshoe Way | Richmond, BC | V7A 4V5 | Attn: Production Manager
We welcome applications from all eligible to work in Canada. Successful candidates may be required to submit to reference checks, Criminal background check, and or Medical Fitness Assessment.