Foley’s Candies Limited Partnership has been manufacturing fine quality chocolate for over 40 years. Located in Richmond, BC, we are the largest chocolate manufacturer in the West and one of the largest in all of Canada; producing a wide range of industrial chocolate ingredients, panned chocolate products, and private label goods.
We are excited about the opportunities arising out of our recent acquisition of Brockmann Chocolates. For more than 30 years, this family-owned and operated confectionary, based in Delta, BC., has been manufacturing and handcrafting exquisite quality chocolates, including their signature brand truffles, Crunchetti and Truffini.
With the addition of a strong retail component to the existing industrial lines, our new combined organization is poised for growth and expansion. We are currently accepting applications for specialist, management, and professional roles who will have responsibility for helping us achieve our goal of becoming ‘World Class’. It’s a sweet opportunity for those interested in taking their career to the next level, becoming involved in progressive organizational change, and witnessing the continued success of two local employers.
Across two locations and under broad direction, the Plant Engineer’s primary function is to lead and manage both manpower and operations related to the Maintenance and Engineering of the production plants. They are responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment within the facilities. This role establishes standards and policies for pollution control, installation, modification, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of equipment, according to engineering principals and safety regulations.
The Plant Engineer directs the maintenance of plant buildings as well as the preventative maintenance for equipment and machinery within the facility. They actively supervise and manage the performance of all maintenance and facility staff, including recruitment through to termination, training and development, communication, coaching and feedback, and facilitates the development of a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing between maintenance and all other departments or functions. They champion an environment of workplace safety and respect and lean into innovative, continuous improvement-oriented initiatives.
Qualified candidates are those who demonstrate ability to/possess:
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory and quality system requirements – PRP, HACCP, Good Manufacturing Process (GMP), Preventive Controls, etc.
- Possesses a continuous improvement and learning orientation; adaptable and open to change
- Solid technical understanding of process and practice related to the effective use and maintenance of equipment and materials
- Moderate to advanced command of the English language; capable of using complex oral and written communication skills
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills. Able to thrive in a team environment and communicate with respect.
- Leads by example, demonstrating competency in all food and work safety practices.
Education & Experience Requirements
- B.S. in Engineering, Food Management Science, or related field
- Continuous Improvement certification, an asset
- Red Seal Trade Certification, an asset
- 10+ years manufacturing engineering or food processing environment; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills, plus PLC and HVAC; and
- 5+ years progressive people management
Foley’s is a long established and growing company and proud to offer training, growth and development opportunities to our employees, along with competitive compensation including Group Benefits (health & dental) participation, FREE parking, and the newest addition to our health & wellness commitment – bicycles! Centrally located in South Richmond, we are close to transit, the Tunnel, and a short walk from the beautiful Fraser River.
And what could be sweeter - than a job surrounded by chocolate?!
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
We welcome applications from all eligible to work in Canada. Successful candidates may be required to submit to reference checks, Criminal background check, and/or Medical Fitness Assessment.