Location: Hope, BC
Reports to: Factory Manager
Division: Supply Chain
We currently have an opening for a Plant & HR Administrator based in Hope,BC. This role provides administrative assistance in all functional areas within our manufacturing environment including and not limited to management support, seasonal recruitment and onboarding, overtime scheduling, ordering of supplies, courier management, dealing with employee inquiries and various other facilities related duties.
Major Responsibilities for Chilliwack Distribution Centre and Hope Factory:.
- Coordinate shift trade, vacation, and overtime scheduling support .
- Ensures that scheduling needs and changes are regularly posted for employees to view.
- Answer employee questions about their work schedule, overtime, vacation, sick time, and attendance occurrences.
- Maintain open communication with resources on the status of scheduling in their respective areas.
- Coordinates and conducts seasonal recruitment and onboarding initiatives for all BC sites with the assistance of other dedicated Factory HR staff in Guelph & Mississauga. Posts all hourly vacant positions, screens hourly candidates, completes reference checks, provides information to HR Generalist for creation of offer letters.
- Collects all new hire paperwork for processing as well as coordinates/conducts new hire onboarding program
- Liaise between Nestle Payroll Services team and BC employees
- Maintain confidentiality of employee records and personal information
- Assists operations team with facilities duties, schedule travel & ad hoc events
- All other duties as assigned by manager.
- Post-secondary education, Certification in HR an strong asset
- Minimum 2-3 years administrative or coordinator preferably in HR or General Office administration
- Previous Interviewing skills experience (preferably within HR setting)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required. SAP experience an asset
- High integrity and confidentiality – able to handle sensitive employee situations with professionalism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to establish a high level of trust and respect with both employees and leaders.
- Ability to work independently without the need for close supervision and direction.
- Must be capable of prioritizing work and multitasking on a daily basis.
- Ability to modify work hours as needed to meet business needs.
Nestlé Waters Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé Waters will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.