The primary role of the Plant Manager is to oversee all aspects of overall manufacturing operations in the Vitalus plant facilities including production planning and processes, maintenance, warehouse, product quality and continuous improvement, safety, procurement, and plant administration. The primary objective of this position is to maximize the level of operational and quality performance in a manner that delivers on measures and goals and maximizes the level of financial performance of our plants. In partnership with the operations management team, the Plant Manager provides leadership to all employees within the plant facilities in a manner that drives productivity, creates engagement and maintains a safe work environment.
Working collaboratively with the Vice-President, Operations and the Operations management team, this role includes active participation in annual business planning, organizational projects and key initiatives, cross company interactions, and developing positive relations with partner organizations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Business Planning
- Plant Operations
- Production Planning
- Product Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Safe Work Environment
- Leadership & Human Resources
- 5+ years of progressive production experience in manufacturing, preferably within a dairy food-manufacturing environment. Minimum three years in management at a plant facility including cross-functional management responsibilities.
- Relevant degree/diploma. I.E. Undergraduate degree in Science, Business or Engineering (Food, Manufacturing or Process).
- Understanding of how production planning contributes to company profitability.
- Strong people orientation balanced with an understanding of business needs.
- Experience working under a HACCP/ISO system and maintaining this system.
- Knowledge & application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems as well as Microsoft Office products including proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Navision knowledge a plus.
- Capability to work with internal departments, external partners, and diverse personalities in a manner that promotes positive relationships. Experience working within a culturally diverse work environment a plus.
- Builds a high-performance culture with a strong people orientation. Work environment, policies and practices reflect this orientation.
Vitalus Nutrition has grown from a small family-owned business to a trusted international supplier of specialty dairy ingredients for large-scale processors and brands. Our transparent, ethical and service-driven approach has helped us build long-standing relationships with customers throughout the world. Our purpose is to improve lives by unlocking the nutritional value of milk.
Bringing Milk to Life™
We constantly look for ways to improve the work environment, provide a safe workplace, communicate company information, encourage employee collaboration, provide ongoing training to assist employees in performing their current job and prepare for career opportunities. Our compensation and benefits package is very competitive.
This permanent, full-time position offers a base pay that recognizes your past experience, pays a KPI bonus when we meet targets, full benefit package at 3 months, and matches your RRSP contribution up to 4% of base pay after one year.
We pride ourselves on creating a healthy, respectful, and safe work environment where managers and co-workers care about who you are and support you in learning this new role. As a company, our turnover is low to industry, and our employee engagement is higher. This relates to our core values of CARE, INTEGRITY and EXPERTISE.
Apply online at: http://vitalus.com/en/careers/
When applying please submit a cover letter identifying how you meet the minimum qualifications, salary expectations, and a detailed resume.