EXCITING NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY – Plant Manager
At Vitalus, we are always looking to expand and grow our business. We have an exciting NEW ROLE for a Plant Manager to oversee our entire Plant Operations, along with the opportunity to be a key contributor in our next phase of growth.
The primary role of the Plant Manager is to oversee all aspects of overall manufacturing operations in the Vitalus plant facilities including production planning and processes, maintenance, warehouse, product quality and continuous improvement, safety, procurement, and plant administration. The primary objective of this position is to maximize the level of operational and quality performance in a manner that delivers on measures and goals and maximizes the level of financial performance of our plants. In partnership with the operations management team, the Plant Manager provides leadership to all employees within the plant facilities in a manner that drives productivity, creates engagement and maintains a safe work environment.
Working collaboratively with the Vice-President, Operations and the Operations management team, this role includes active participation on the senior leadership team, annual business planning, organizational projects and key initiatives, cross company interactions, and developing positive relations with partner organizations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Business Planning: Based on the organization’s strategic plan, assists in the development of annual operational plans and budgets
- Plant Operations: Oversee the effective implementation of annual operational plans by identifying plant needs with capital justification, setting priorities and timelines, determining required resources, and establishing measures for productivity, yields, and scheduling.
- Production Planning: Working closely with sales and referencing real time metrics against targets, drives the alignment of our production processes towards maximum efficiency, customer service levels, inventory turn goals and capacity/utilization/staffing requirements
- Product Quality & Continuous Improvement: Assures product quality by practicing and enforcing certification (HACCP, GMPs, ISO, etc.) requirements in all aspects of plant production. As required, prepares for and responds to audit requirements.
- Safe Work Environment: Ensure that a strong focus is maintained on the creation and maintenance of a respectful, safe, and healthy work environment for employees.
- Leadership & Human Resources: Develop and maintain a team-based work environment by providing leadership, direction, coaching, training, and clear and consistent communication.
- 5+ years of progressive production experience in manufacturing, preferably within a dairy food-manufacturing environment. Minimum three years in management at a plant facility including cross-functional management responsibilities.
- Relevant degree/diploma. I.E. Undergraduate degree in Science, Business or Engineering (Food, Manufacturing or Process).
- Understanding of how production planning contributes to company profitability.
- Strong people orientation balanced with an understanding of business needs.
- Experience working under a HACCP/ISO system and maintaining this system.
- Knowledge & application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems as well as Microsoft Office products including proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Navision knowledge a plus.
- Capability to work with internal departments, external partners, and diverse personalities in a manner that promotes positive relationships. Experience working within a culturally diverse work environment a plus.
- Builds a high-performance culture with a strong people orientation. Work environment, policies and practices reflect this orientation.
Vitalus Nutrition has grown from a small family-owned business to a trusted international supplier of specialty dairy ingredients for large-scale processors and brands. Our transparent, ethical and service-driven approach has helped us build long-standing relationships with customers throughout the world. Our purpose is to improve lives by unlocking the nutritional value of milk.
Bringing Milk to Life™
We constantly look for ways to improve the work environment, provide a safe workplace, communicate company information, encourage employee collaboration, provide ongoing training to assist employees in performing their current job and prepare for career opportunities. Our compensation and benefits package is very competitive.
This permanent, full-time position offers a base pay that recognizes your past experience, pays a KPI bonus when we meet targets, full benefit package at 3 months, and matches your RRSP contribution up to 4% of base pay after one year.
We pride ourselves on creating a healthy, respectful, and safe work environment where managers and co-workers care about who you are and support you in learning this new role. As a company, our turnover is low to industry, and our employee engagement is higher. This relates to our core values of CARE, INTEGRITY and EXPERTISE.
Apply online at: https://vitalus.com/en/careers/
When applying please submit a cover letter identifying how you meet the minimum qualifications, salary expectations, and a detailed resume.