At Fresh Is Best Salsa & Company Inc. we are passionate about FRESH food!
We LOVE what we do and are proud to manufacture and market healthy and FRESH, chips, dips and taco shells in beautiful Kamloops BC. At Fresh Is Best Salsa Company we are committed to manufacturing healthy, fresh and high quality food products in a sustainable way and we are having a lot of fun doing it!
Fresh is Best Salsa Company currently has 21 branded products now available in grocery stores and more recently in food service channels across Canada We are celebrating our 20th Anniversary in 2019 and working hard to be the ‘chip and dip’ of choice here in Western Canada and across the country.
At Fresh Is Best we are currently looking for an experienced food production Plant Manger who is looking for an exciting new challenge.
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE:
- Someone who is fanatic about FRESH foods like us!
- Has management experience in a HACCP manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing and running multiple food production lines in Canada.
- Experienced Plant Manager.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Manage safe, cost effective and efficient production
- Manage day to day production operations, coordinate and manage staff in maintenance, shipping and production (26+)
- Expansion plans: manage exciting new line expansion in 2020 to our already 4 continuous line manufacturing operations.
- Champion continuous improvement efforts; implement and sustain manufacturing best practices/procedures that meet or exceed relevant certifications / qualifications / requirements (GMP, HACCP, GFSI and CFIA).
- Provide leadership and direct supervision to employees in the departments of Production, Shipping and Maintenance.
- Facilitate, maintain and mentor a highly skilled leadership team with an expectation of high performance. Ability to communicate responsibilities, and actively develop and utilize career tools to assist employees to reach their full potential.
- Commitment to preventative maintenance to optimize performance of equipment and facilities.
- Consciously improve our manufacturing resources, processes, efficiencies and quality
- Ensure quality compliance with certifications and maintain and update Plant Operations Manual and SOP ‘s as required GMP, HACCP as well as certifications (Non-GMO Verified, Kosher, Gluten Free, Organic etc.)
- Ensure employee safety and compliance to the Occupations Health and Safety Act
- Maintain a positive Employee Relation’s environment ensuring open and effective communications between staff and management.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree required.
- 10+ years of experience in food manufacturing.
- 5+ years demonstrated management experience
- Exceptional numeracy and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Lean, Six Sigma and relevant skill sets
- Keen analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving capability
- Aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting
- High technical competency and software skills including MS Office - Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project - app technology and communication device abilities
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Excellent conflict-resolution and decision-making abilities
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong organizational, leadership and conflict management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- An exciting opportunity to work in a “local grass roots” company growing its brand across Canada and onward
- Join a dynamic, diverse and determined leadership team working hard to grow our company “one FRESH FANATIC at a time”
- Full benefits plan to include Extended Dental, Extended Health Care, and Life Insurance coverage
- Competitive Compensation Package for the right candidate
KAMLOOPS & AREA
Our company is located a in sunny Kamloops BC. We feel extremely lucky to be able to work and play in such a beautiful place. Kamloops is located in the British Columbia. Interior just a 4 hour drive from Vancouver or a 25 minute flight. Kamloops is an all-year round playground with over 200 lakes within a 20 minute drive of the city, and many walking, hiking, biking, forest bathing, blading, skiing, and even snowshoeing trails. Sun Peaks https://www.sunpeaksresort.com/ is within 45 minute drive from the city center. The City Of Kamloops has much to offer https://www.kamloops.ca/ See for yourself, you won’t be disappointed.
If you are up for a FRESH new adventure In the BC Interior, and think this job might be right for you please send us your resume.
We look forward to meeting you!