Plant Operations Assistant – NEW FACILITY - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
We seek a highly organized, versatile administrator, that has knowledge or is willing to obtain knowledge of plant operations to become part of our team at a new site in Delta.
The purpose of the Administrative Assistant role is to be the central administrative hub of all Delta plant activities. Simply laid out you will be the cog of which everything happens through. It is a great opportunity to develop in multiple areas with potential career growth towards a leadership role.
The Delta plant will be built around solid execution and measurement of best practices which drive our operational behaviors. The team will communicate daily goals and objects and report out success and gaps to those. The Administrative Assistant will be the key in monitoring and presenting our performance in the format that allows the entire team to act in an organized, prioritized, and precise manner. You will operate within our best practices of operating procedures while maintaining general administration duties of this role.
We will support and develop the right person. We will give everyone an equal opportunity.
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- We have two primary questions ahead of all our actions: Will this impact safety; will this impact our Tofu?
- Team first: We are all driven by the same objective we actually don’t point fingers we just solve issues
- Leaders get their hands dirty… very dirty, titles don’t matter. Don’t worry, we will wash our hands
- We recognize the opportunity our new plant has presented us and we continually strive to be the best
- We develop flexibility and agility
- We live by data, standard practices and routines, and measure to prioritize our actions
- We are not afraid to hold ourselves accountable
- We are going to be a lean structure and a busy organization so we better figure out how to enjoy being around each other; that means it’s critical to have the right leadership attributes in this key role
- During the plant ‘build phase’ you will work with the leadership team creating, testing, and launching the plant’s best practices, measurements, and processes.
- Work with the production team to help create, test and validate our standard operating procedures.
- Work with the operating team to help build, test, and continually improve our 5S, and visual factory systems.
- Generate operational analysis reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Participate in meetings and projects to optimize plant operations as required.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Creates and generates productions reports which supports company goals for management and production group.
- Standardizes key production indicators.
- As required communicates with team members during daily meetings.
- Communicates production status and error updates to management on regular basis.
- Answers telephone, screens and directs calls from customers, suppliers and the general public. Ensures knowledge of staff movements in and out of the organization.
- Responsible for the front desk reception duties when required. Greets people entering the office, including new hires, and registers them /signs them in.
- Receives and sorts mail; manages external deliveries.
- Provides general administrative and clerical support.
- Monitors vacation records and documentation.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Plant Manager
Education and Qualification
- Preference to those with experience working within an industrial environment
- College Degree or Technical Diploma or High school grade 12 with related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork / team building / motivation skills.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities
- A deep-seated love of processes, best practises and clear communication
- You know what it is like to start something from scratch and grow it structurally and methodically
- Extremely organized and a skilled multi-tasker
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Fluent in both written and verbal English
- Attention to details
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Keyboard entry at a minimum of 50 words per minute
- Frequent interaction with plant staff
- Permanent Full-Time (40 hours per week)
- Work is a mix of office and plant floor activities.
- Permanent Full-Time position (40 hours per week).
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.